Progress Thread 1990 Mustang Gt Convertible

B.erazo712

Feb 6, 2015
Figured I'd show my progression,
Basically stock, BBK CAI, MSD Ignition, H-piped with super 40s and drop offs. New spark plugs, 19lb injectors and radiator. Oh and a strut brace. The previous owner got in a front crash, and "repaired" the front, but the bumper hangs low, just needs a new radiator support. He also replaced the front seats with black power seats. Other then that its stock. I plan on rebuilding the engine and transmission this summer though. I'll post when i get something new put on, won't happen that much because im in high school lol.

Attachments

• IMG_0091.jpg
    IMG_0091.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_0092.jpg
    IMG_0092.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_0094.jpg
    IMG_0094.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_0096.jpg
    IMG_0096.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_0097.jpg
    IMG_0097.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 191
  • Sponsors (?)

Thanks. Can I get a recommendation on a tuner chip with this setup?

TFS Top End Kit
331 Stroker Kit
24lb Injectors
Pro-M MAF
70mm AcuuFab TB
Fenderwell BBK CAI
MSD Ignition
/
Torque Converter ( not sure on what RPM Stall yet)
Silverfox AOD Valve Body
Silverfox Servo
/
Shorty Headers
H-Pipe
No Cats

If going 331 you'll need bigger injectors(30#) more than likely. As far as a chip goes...you don't necassarily need one. The car will run fine without one. Now it will run better and make the most power with a chip/tuning. You would need to go to a dyno shop/tuner and get a custom tune. Don't go with a BAMA chip...they tend to be more of a problem than a help. Your combo is fairly mild and would idle,cruise,operate fine without but a dyno tune tends to clean up a few areas and eek out a few hp. They usually cost a few hundred for the chip and they get around another few hundred for the work(total around 500$ ballpark).

If going 331 you'll need bigger injectors(30#) more than likely. As far as a chip goes...you don't necassarily need one. The car will run fine without one. Now it will run better and make the most power with a chip/tuning. You would need to go to a dyno shop/tuner and get a custom tune. Don't go with a BAMA chip...they tend to be more of a problem than a help. Your combo is fairly mild and would idle,cruise,operate fine without but a dyno tune tends to clean up a few areas and eek out a few hp. They usually cost a few hundred for the chip and they get around another few hundred for the work(total around 500$ ballpark).
Ok thanks! The injectors should be fine, I've talked to a couple guys at a shop around town that make racing/performance cars that recommended 24lbs, but told me i should get a adjustable fuel regulator with it.

Ok thanks! The injectors should be fine, I've talked to a couple guys at a shop around town that make racing/performance cars that recommended 24lbs, but told me i should get a adjustable fuel regulator with it.
It's going to be on the border. If you haven't ordered them yet just grab the 30's. The adj regulator gives you the ability to bump pressure up if needed and imo is ok but it changes the spray pattern of the injector. It works but is more of a bandaid. If you already have them you can make them work. Now if it were a 302 the 24's would be fine.

24's are going to max out at around 325hp. I would also recommend 30's .

Fuel Injector Calculator - Pro-M Racing, LLC.

With an AOD, I would recommend a tune , as they tend to be quirlkier than a stick. On my and 2 other guys I know with AOD's who did HCI swaps needed tunes to deal with some surging idle and driveability issues. I agree in avoiding BAMA. I'd check with SCT, diablsport, or JMS

Reactions: 1 user
Man. I got a new acuufab 70mm TB and spacer.... Got the old TB out but this egr spacer doesn't want to come off... I've soaked it with wd40, beat the crap out of it with a rubber mallet, flathead and hammer, double nutted... You name it. Anyone know a better way to get it off??

Finally got the spacer out!! Not the way you expect though... Managed to pull one stud out by double nutting, and the 2nd stud got cut out with a jigsaw lmao. Used a crowbar to yank the spacer off and 2 studs broke off.... Then used an ez out to take them out!!!! All for a little throttle body. Glad it worked it in the end.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 160
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 178
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 175
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg