For Sale 1990 Mustang LX Convertible

Purzell

Apr 30, 2018
California
For sale is my 1990 Oxford White LX Convertible with 30,700 on the odometer.

Location is Sacramento, CA.

Asking $16,500

I bought the car in 2018. Since that time I have had the following work done:
-rebuilt auto transmission with heavy duty cooler and rear main seal
-rebuilt AC by Polar Bear Air
-new top with original glass window
-oversized alternator properly wired in
-stainless Flowmaster exhaust
-all fluids
-new stock shocks
-new brakes
-new anti-slosh module (fuel gauge works now)

I wouldn’t hesitate to drive this car anywhere.

Passed California smog check 3/9/22 and I just paid the registration.

I love this car and take very good care of it. The body looks very good but there are a few rock chips on the lower body parts. No rust or dents. No fluid leaks. Runs great. It’s very clean, original, and stock. Please DM any questions or for more pictures.

I have the car registered for the Sierra College auto fair on weekends if you want to see it and you’re near Sacramento.

Attachments

• C73A4615-F8B1-40F8-9D5B-D3A4644C480D.jpeg
    C73A4615-F8B1-40F8-9D5B-D3A4644C480D.jpeg
    592.7 KB · Views: 140
  • 074BC193-2AED-40FF-B5AA-2807DACB732B.jpeg
    074BC193-2AED-40FF-B5AA-2807DACB732B.jpeg
    439.6 KB · Views: 121
  • B9F4B054-C16E-4D6C-9093-E7686FA758A0.jpeg
    B9F4B054-C16E-4D6C-9093-E7686FA758A0.jpeg
    394.3 KB · Views: 118
  • F3A07C85-46CA-43FA-B21B-723BEBE70C74.jpeg
    F3A07C85-46CA-43FA-B21B-723BEBE70C74.jpeg
    478.7 KB · Views: 106
  • Loved It!
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Now $15000, will listen to offers (from real people)
Nice car and good luck selling. I don't think you're overpriced with your original price. I have. I'm not a buyer, but I am curious if you've tried selling this elsewhere. I think you need to get this out there, someone looking to get into a clean foxbody would love it.

Hi, thanks for asking. It’s been interesting trying to sell this. I have it on local CL and had it on a Foxbody Sales Instagram forum. I have also had it at a large auto sale lot for privately owned cars. It’s gotten a lot of positive attention but no one follows through. Plenty of folks want to talk about it! I’ve probably sent pictures to ten different people upon request but no one has said after seeing the pics if they have a reason to lose interest. A couple of interested folks have found shipping to be too expensive.

Now the scammers have been insane! I’m gonna be honest, if someone messages me with an e-mail or IG with profanity or whatever in your profile name, I’m not going to reply. Also I get a lot of requests for the VIN and nothing after they get it.

I really want to sell this car to someone who sees it first, I can talk about the *very minor* quirks it has (new exhaust rumbles on the frame occasionally for example) and I know they leave happy with no surprises.

So that’s where I’m at! Any other ideas I’m happy to hear.

Hi, thanks for asking. It’s been interesting trying to sell this. I have it on local CL and had it on a Foxbody Sales Instagram forum. I have also had it at a large auto sale lot for privately owned cars. It’s gotten a lot of positive attention but no one follows through. Plenty of folks want to talk about it! I’ve probably sent pictures to ten different people upon request but no one has said after seeing the pics if they have a reason to lose interest. A couple of interested folks have found shipping to be too expensive.

Now the scammers have been insane! I’m gonna be honest, if someone messages me with an e-mail or IG with profanity or whatever in your profile name, I’m not going to reply. Also I get a lot of requests for the VIN and nothing after they get it.

I really want to sell this car to someone who sees it first, I can talk about the *very minor* quirks it has (new exhaust rumbles on the frame occasionally for example) and I know they leave happy with no surprises.

So that’s where I’m at! Any other ideas I’m happy to hear.
Have you checked out Cars and Bids? It is a BringATrailer type site that's run by YouTuber/Auto Journalist Doug Demuro. Might be worth checking out. That, and or/ Hemmings might be some other options.

Nice car and good luck selling. I don't think you're overpriced with your original price. I have. I'm not a buyer, but I am curious if you've tried selling this elsewhere. I think you need to get this out there, someone looking to get into a clean foxbody would love it.
Please send me the VIN or call me at 770-653-7185 if it has not sold yet.