• Mustang Classifieds
  • What is it Worth?!?!?

What's it Worth? 1990 Notchback 5.0

  • Thread starter Thread starter 50notch90
  • Start date Start date Apr 14, 2024
  • Tags Tags
    foxbody notchback value worth
5

50notch90

Member
Jun 3, 2006
10
22
13
Greenville IN
Apr 14, 2024
#1
  • Apr 14, 2024
  • #1
I'm thinking of selling my 90 notchback but really have no idea on what a good starting price would be. I see pristine originals, insane builds or junk but mine is neither. I hope not junk lol.

I think the car is good for someone looking for a cruiser as-is and is not concerned about all original or just wanting a roller. I'm just trying to get a ballpark of a good starting place for negotiating and where a good fair price might be for both parties. I'm in the Louisville KY area

The car has been in a garage or some type of covered environment since early 2000's. Does not get driven in the rain or snow.

There are pics of the exterior below and a link to an album that has detailed close ups of areas people may be interested in. I may have missed some things. The spare tire area has no rust but taking the sub out and everything wasn't gonna happen for this.

Link to album is here (I think it works)
VIN: 1FACP40E6LF197663

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment!

The pros and cons list I'm sure has things I'm forgetting for both. Sorry if TMI, sorry if not.

The Cons:

  • Has been wrecked. Slid into a tree with the front left corner many years ago. front nose and left fender are not oem parts.
  • The color is a 90's Corvette blue. (not my choice but whatever, I don't hate it)
    • The paint is crap
  • Interior is a mix of gray and black. The black is SEM painted for the larger pieces.
    • Holds up okay but does have bad spots
  • Headliner needs replaced. Apparently I suck at headliners.
  • No sun visors although I have the OG porno red ones somewhere.
  • AC does not work.
  • Heat works but only through the floor
    • Heater core has been replaced

The "Pros": (parts don't have many miles although some was done a while back)

  • Pretty much rust free
  • Gas pump, 3 years
  • Brakes (everything but lines) - oem replacements, 3 years
    • master, booster, calipers, rotors, etc
  • rack and pinion steering
  • 1.5" - 2" lowering springs
  • Koni shocks, struts (6 months)
  • Some new interior trim pieces. kickpanels, mirror covers, handles, etc
  • Door weather striping (6 months)
  • Throttle Body and Cold Air
  • BAMA chip although has not been updated.
    • I don't think it does much but not worth removing it
  • Maximum Motorsports weld on subframe connectors
    • Done by reputable local shop
  • 3.73 Ford racing gears, royal purple oil (6 months)
    • Done by reputable local shop
  • Flowmaster Exhaust with BBK cats (6 months)
  • BBK ceramic shorty headers (6 months)
  • New head gaskets (1 year)
  • New oil pan gasket (1 year)
  • Clutch, radiator fan, belts (3 years)
  • heater core (3 years)
  • water pump (3 years)
    • my dumbass didnt think to do the timing chain
  • OEM style headlights (2 years)
  • Rockford Fosgate Speakers in dash & door (1 year)
  • Sony Bluetooth cd player (6 months)




 

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,333
18,059
224
Massachusetts
Apr 16, 2024
#2
  • Apr 16, 2024
  • #2
I'm in the $10-15K range. ANy idea on approx mileage?
 
B

bigrob98

New Member
Apr 18, 2024
0
0
0
Charleston sc
Apr 18, 2024
#3
  • Apr 18, 2024
  • #3
50notch90 said:
I'm thinking of selling my 90 notchback but really have no idea on what a good starting price would be. I see pristine originals, insane builds or junk but mine is neither. I hope not junk lol.

I think the car is good for someone looking for a cruiser as-is and is not concerned about all original or just wanting a roller. I'm just trying to get a ballpark of a good starting place for negotiating and where a good fair price might be for both parties. I'm in the Louisville KY area

The car has been in a garage or some type of covered environment since early 2000's. Does not get driven in the rain or snow.

There are pics of the exterior below and a link to an album that has detailed close ups of areas people may be interested in. I may have missed some things. The spare tire area has no rust but taking the sub out and everything wasn't gonna happen for this.

Link to album is here (I think it works)
VIN: 1FACP40E6LF197663

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment!

The pros and cons list I'm sure has things I'm forgetting for both. Sorry if TMI, sorry if not.

The Cons:

  • Has been wrecked. Slid into a tree with the front left corner many years ago. front nose and left fender are not oem parts.
  • The color is a 90's Corvette blue. (not my choice but whatever, I don't hate it)
    • The paint is crap
  • Interior is a mix of gray and black. The black is SEM painted for the larger pieces.
    • Holds up okay but does have bad spots
  • Headliner needs replaced. Apparently I suck at headliners.
  • No sun visors although I have the OG porno red ones somewhere.
  • AC does not work.
  • Heat works but only through the floor
    • Heater core has been replaced

The "Pros": (parts don't have many miles although some was done a while back)

  • Pretty much rust free
  • Gas pump, 3 years
  • Brakes (everything but lines) - oem replacements, 3 years
    • master, booster, calipers, rotors, etc
  • rack and pinion steering
  • 1.5" - 2" lowering springs
  • Koni shocks, struts (6 months)
  • Some new interior trim pieces. kickpanels, mirror covers, handles, etc
  • Door weather striping (6 months)
  • Throttle Body and Cold Air
  • BAMA chip although has not been updated.
    • I don't think it does much but not worth removing it
  • Maximum Motorsports weld on subframe connectors
    • Done by reputable local shop
  • 3.73 Ford racing gears, royal purple oil (6 months)
    • Done by reputable local shop
  • Flowmaster Exhaust with BBK cats (6 months)
  • BBK ceramic shorty headers (6 months)
  • New head gaskets (1 year)
  • New oil pan gasket (1 year)
  • Clutch, radiator fan, belts (3 years)
  • heater core (3 years)
  • water pump (3 years)
    • my dumbass didnt think to do the timing chain
  • OEM
Click to expand...
 
B

bigrob98

New Member
Apr 18, 2024
0
0
0
Charleston sc
Apr 18, 2024
#4
  • Apr 18, 2024
  • #4
I'm in the market for a notch, if interested in selling you can text me at 843-709-3086
 
5

50notch90

Member
Jun 3, 2006
10
22
13
Greenville IN
Apr 23, 2024
#5
  • Apr 23, 2024
  • #5
Mustang5L5 said:
I'm in the $10-15K range. ANy idea on approx mileage?
Click to expand...
It's close to 140k I think. Thanks
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

R
Fox Foxbody Notchback Coupe 1979
  • robrouck
  • Apr 19, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
11
Views
407
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 20, 2026
slow84lx
S
R
What's it Worth? 1997 Cobra, a ton of mods and restoration
  • riored97snake
  • Jun 18, 2026
  • What is it Worth?!?!?
Replies
2
Views
350
What is it Worth?!?!? Jun 21, 2026
riored97snake
R
F
Electrical Foxbody wiring harness 2.3 to v8 swap
  • Foxbodyjake
  • Mar 23, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
26
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 7, 2026
Kleinjj27
K
New Exhaust for 408w stroker
  • SadbutTrue
  • Sep 10, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
106
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Sep 10, 2026
nickyb
B
SOLD 1986 Mercury Capri 5.0 5-speed
  • blackmerc
  • Jul 29, 2026
  • Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93)
Replies
16
Views
838
Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93) Aug 24, 2026
General karthief
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Classifieds
  • What is it Worth?!?!?
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?