SOLD 1991 5 spd 5.0 LX vert $5,000

FastDriver

My dad had a bra
SN Certified Technician
Sep 5, 2001
Vass, NC
For Sale vid (made for someone asking about it):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irMurOIOEyE&feature=youtu.be

320 HP Fox Mustang Convertible with $6k in aftermarket parts. Synthetic oil. Garaged. Idles, runs, drives, shifts perfect. Sounds incredible! Will drive long-distance, no problem.

168k miles. No smoke. No miss. No stumble. Have added 1k miles since originally listed.

Bought in California. Last owner passed emissions with all performance parts in 2017. I am military and so it is registered, like all of my cars, in Florida. I drive it every pretty day. Selling because I must move in 4 months.

Paint is in 8/10 with minor hazing but still shiny and clean. Stripes are paint (not stickers).

Love fox bodies and I hope I've made it nice enough that the next guy will love it, too. -Chris

Build:

Exterior:
- Cobra R hood
- New Bridgestone RE11 Summer performance tires
- New LMR tail pipes (stainless = will not rust)

Engine:
- SVO GT40X aluminum heads (best stock replacement Ford heads)
- Edelbrock Performer intake
- aftermarket roller rockers
- E303 cam
- BBK Shorty headers
- 75mm MAF
- Edelbrock 65mm TB
- K&N air filter. Can include conical filter, too. I prefer K&N
- 40-series flowmasters
- New (3 months old) shiny stainless LMR tail pipes

Drivetrain
- short shifter w/ positive stops. Tri-ax, I believe.
- Ford Racing Aluminum Driveshaft

Suspension Chassis
- Adjustable rear shocks, aftermarket front shocks
- Welded subframe connectors
- Gripp Strut tower brace
- Gripp caster/camber plates
- Drilled front rotors
- Removed quad shocks, but stock LCAs, didn't get under car to check uppers. (going to replace quads before sale)

Electrical
- aftermarket coil
- MSD Cap and Rotor

Interior:
- Clean black interior
- Aftermarket seats 5-pt harness ready - Aftermarket Stereo head unit with USB port & Bluetooth

Notes:
- electrical top in excellent condition - recently replaced.
- electric windows and locks work
- Tires are almost new with about 1k miles
- No check engine light.
- Heat works.
- Clean Title - clean carfax.

All sales are local in Seaside. Public meeting locations only. Cash or bank cleared transfer before you get the car/title. Clean title (with Carfax) in hand. I do not need help selling. Firm on price (really). Not OBO.

Last edited:
Hi, interested in looking into this, but appears we are in criscross areas of the US, I’m in Mass. Do you have the Tuner with the car, it’s running a specific tune with the Mod’s, correct? Do you have the device that stored the OE factory Tune on a flash drive, or on a 4 bank chip, was it Dyno Tuned, and was the 320 HP at the Crank, or TWHP?
I know people in the area, if you’re in the Service, are you stationed at Lackland? I’m 10 minutes from Westover AFB, and about 1 minute from Barnes AFB. If it passed a California Inspection, was the Intake and Exhaust installed, as well as other parts installed when it did?
Thanks! John

320 is estimated crank hp (~270 rwhp). It still runs the stock computer. Lackland's in San Antonio, and I'm not sure how I gave you that impression. I am in the service and currently stationed at the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey.

I think a phone call is probably worthwhile at this point. Check your PMs.

Hello, I apologize for missing that call we scheduled, I ran a day late. Appears the distance is a larger obstacle than expected, relied on an apparently unreliable Acquaintance. If things change, I’ll text for availability, but won’t, not would never have responded had I anticipated this. I am sorry.
Good luck with your Sale.
John

Reactions: 1 user