SOLD 1991 5 spd 5.0 LX vert $5,000

FastDriver

My dad had a bra
SN Certified Technician
Sep 5, 2001
Fort Knox, KY
For Sale vid (made for someone asking about it):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irMurOIOEyE&feature=youtu.be

320 HP Fox Mustang Convertible with $6k in aftermarket parts. Synthetic oil. Garaged. Idles, runs, drives, shifts perfect. Sounds incredible! Will drive long-distance, no problem.

168k miles. No smoke. No miss. No stumble. Have added 1k miles since originally listed.

Bought in California. Last owner passed emissions with all performance parts in 2017. I am military and so it is registered, like all of my cars, in Florida. I drive it every pretty day. Selling because I must move in 4 months.

Paint is in 8/10 with minor hazing but still shiny and clean. Stripes are paint (not stickers).

Love fox bodies and I hope I've made it nice enough that the next guy will love it, too. -Chris

Build:

Exterior:
- Cobra R hood
- New Bridgestone RE11 Summer performance tires
- New LMR tail pipes (stainless = will not rust)

Engine:
- SVO GT40X aluminum heads (best stock replacement Ford heads)
- Edelbrock Performer intake
- aftermarket roller rockers
- E303 cam
- BBK Shorty headers
- 75mm MAF
- Edelbrock 65mm TB
- K&N air filter. Can include conical filter, too. I prefer K&N
- 40-series flowmasters
- New (3 months old) shiny stainless LMR tail pipes

Drivetrain
- short shifter w/ positive stops. Tri-ax, I believe.
- Ford Racing Aluminum Driveshaft

Suspension Chassis
- Adjustable rear shocks, aftermarket front shocks
- Welded subframe connectors
- Gripp Strut tower brace
- Gripp caster/camber plates
- Drilled front rotors
- Removed quad shocks, but stock LCAs, didn't get under car to check uppers. (going to replace quads before sale)

Electrical
- aftermarket coil
- MSD Cap and Rotor

Interior:
- Clean black interior
- Aftermarket seats 5-pt harness ready - Aftermarket Stereo head unit with USB port & Bluetooth

Notes:
- electrical top in excellent condition - recently replaced.
- electric windows and locks work
- Tires are almost new with about 1k miles
- No check engine light.
- Heat works.
- Clean Title - clean carfax.

All sales are local in Seaside. Public meeting locations only. Cash or bank cleared transfer before you get the car/title. Clean title (with Carfax) in hand. I do not need help selling. Firm on price (really). Not OBO.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

View attachment 630739
320 HP Fox Mustang Convertible with $6k in aftermarket parts. Runs hard and strong on synthetic oil. Garaged. Everything in the drive train works. All electrical stuff works too, except the cruise. Absolutely no issue with the drivetrain. Would absolutely trust it to drive long distance. This heads/cam/intake fox is very fast, and it sounds incredible! Nothing sounds better than an old-school 5.0 with 2-chamber flowmaster mufflers!

Exterior:
- Cobra R hood
- Wheels on car: Stock pony wheels, painted black w/ chrome center caps like the old SSP fox bodies from the '80s-'90s w/ New Bridgestone RE11 Summer performance tires
- 2nd set of era-correct American Racing wheels with Ford logo centercaps and a fresh set of tires.

Engine:
- SVO GT40X aluminum heads (the best Ford-made heads for this engine) SVO is stamped on the head.
- Edelbrock Performer intake
- aftermarket roller rockers
- mild cam, I believe it is an E303 like from several of my previous foxes
- BBK Shorty headers
- Granatelli 75mm MAF tuned to 19 lbs injectors
- Edelbrock 65mm TB & spacer
- Back to the stock CAI but with a K&N flat panel air filter. Can have the conical filter if you think it will make more power, but it won't.
- 40-series flowmasters & brand new shiny stainless 2.5" properly angled with rear quarter panels

Drivetrain
- Aftermarket shifter w/ positive stops, I believe it's a Tri-ax
- Ford Racing Aluminum Driveshaft

Suspension Chassis
- Adjustable rear shocks, aftermarket front shocks
- Welded subframe connectors
- Gripp Strut tower brace
- Gripp caster/camber plates
- Drilled front rotors
- Removed quad shocks, but stock LCAs, didn't get under car to check uppers. (going to replace quads before sale)

Electrical
- Adjustable ignition limiter box
- aftermarket coil
- Brand new MSD Cap and Rotor

Interior:
- Clean black interior
- Aftermarket seats 5-pt harness ready - Aftermarket Stereo head unit with USB port

I am a Fox Body Mustang lover, and this fox just fell into my lap. Though I resisted buying it at first, the thought of enjoying a built convertible on the California coast was too good to pass up. I'm a tinkerer and have invested a lot of time in making this fox nice. Now, I'm really enjoying it in the beautiful, warmer Summer weather, and I'm not in a hurry to sell. You will see me on the streets in Seaside and Monterey, mostly going to and from NPS. I drive it every pretty day. I've gotten the car back into good-great condition, and now it drives wonderfully, and it's getting all kinds of compliments.

Good:
-Top is in excellent condition - recently replaced. electronics function on it.
-All electric windows and locks work.
-Tires are almost new with less than 500 miles
-The engine runs strong
-No check engine light.
-Clutch is strong and the transmission feels perfect.
-No a/c, but heat works.
-Clean Title - I have the Carfax.
-Last passed CA emissions in 2017. Sat for 2 years.
-Has cats on exhaust, might pass emissions, but I'm registered in another state (military).
-Extra set of period correct Ford wheels tires w/ 70% tread

Bad:
- Cruise Control does not function (it is not the fuse)
- Car tracks slightly left and needs alignment
- Seals could use replacement and windows aligned with them for wind noise.
- Seats need insert plastic trim.

5 digit odometer shows 67k miles (167k miles true.) Engine runs strong, no indication it's tired. (doesn't burn oil, no smoke, etc...)
Paint is in surprisingly good condition. I'd call it 8/10. Stripes are paint.
Removed the roll bar, but I can include it for you to reinstall.

If you come check this car out, you'll leave with it. I don't pull any punches, don't do it for the money, and fixed it up just for the love of fox bodies and I hope I've made it nice enough that the next guy will love it, too. -Chris

All sales are local in Seaside. Clean title (with Carfax) in hand. I do not need help selling. Firm on price.
Hi, interested in looking into this, but appears we are in criscross areas of the US, I’m in Mass. Do you have the Tuner with the car, it’s running a specific tune with the Mod’s, correct? Do you have the device that stored the OE factory Tune on a flash drive, or on a 4 bank chip, was it Dyno Tuned, and was the 320 HP at the Crank, or TWHP?
I know people in the area, if you’re in the Service, are you stationed at Lackland? I’m 10 minutes from Westover AFB, and about 1 minute from Barnes AFB. If it passed a California Inspection, was the Intake and Exhaust installed, as well as other parts installed when it did?
Thanks! John

320 is estimated crank hp (~270 rwhp). It still runs the stock computer. Lackland's in San Antonio, and I'm not sure how I gave you that impression. I am in the service and currently stationed at the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey.

I think a phone call is probably worthwhile at this point. Check your PMs.

Hello, I apologize for missing that call we scheduled, I ran a day late. Appears the distance is a larger obstacle than expected, relied on an apparently unreliable Acquaintance. If things change, I’ll text for availability, but won’t, not would never have responded had I anticipated this. I am sorry.
Good luck with your Sale.
John

Reactions: 1 user