Engine 1991 foxbody gt won't move

Walt64665

Mar 26, 2021
Smyrna
Hi my fox body will not move it has to rev up to 2000rpm before it'll start creeping before it would shut off when i accelerate then changed tps and fixed that problem. I was wondering if it could be the sensor or trans problems or engine problems plz help

• Sponsors (?)

My speedometer surges while driving but idles fine everythings stock ford parts except cam and air intake i bought this way its automatic as well i re did timing and such and changed fluids and the tps and now it revs to 2000 then jumps then revs down some then starts moving

You replaced the TPS, and then it went down to normal. Last week my TPS was bad and my idle was at 2000. Thats a hard one to diagnose. First is to check your throttle cable for getting caught up. Make sure its smooth. Then we need to confirm that the TPS is new, and working correct. If it was me I would clean the whole throttle body with cleaner if it has never been. Keep it off the new TPS. that's how I broke mine, and it reved at 2000 til I replaced it.

You replaced the TPS, and then it went down to normal. Last week my TPS was bad and my idle was at 2000. Thats a hard one to diagnose. First is to check your throttle cable for getting caught up. Make sure its smooth. Then we need to confirm that the TPS is new, and working correct. If it was me I would clean the whole throttle body with cleaner if it has never been. Keep it off the new TPS. that's how I broke mine, and it reved at 2000 til I replaced it.
Ok ill try that

If speedometer surges/bounces (while maintaining same speed) it could be speedo cable or gauge. Personally I have melted my cable a couple times and it would do the same. Could also be the speedo gear in the tranny, missing a couple teeth.

Start with some very basic information. Tell us what year, engine, and transmission is in your car. Don't guess. Don't make us guess. Big waste of time all around. There is a huge wealth of knowledge on this board and lots of people who are willing to help.

Don't keep changing parts. You'll create worse problems. Diagnose, then fix.

Start with some very basic information. Tell us what year, engine, and transmission is in your car. Don't guess. Don't make us guess. Big waste of time all around. There is a huge wealth of knowledge on this board and lots of people who are willing to help.

Don't keep changing parts. You'll create worse problems. Diagnose, then fix.
Year 1991 gt, trans aod, engine 302

If it only has 64k tranny should be ok, unless 164k . Read on, and try to work with it. Try to explain yourself with more detail. Online help means you have to be precise in your answers. Read up on the cable that goes to the trans. I don;t know what its called maybe 'knockdown' . Some trans problems have been linked to this cable.