1991 Mustang LX Smell Fuel in Exhaust, Bogging down

James Sims

Mar 13, 2004
1991 Mustang Smell Fuel in Exhaust, Bogging down Code 91 HELP!!

-NEW WATER PUMP
-TIMEING CHAIN
-TFS TRACK HEAT UPPER AND LOWER WITH STAGE 1 PORT
-GT40 HEADS
-SCORPION 1.7 ROCKERS
-24LB INJECTORS
-ADJUSTABLE FUEL REGULATOR
-New Fuel pump 255
-F CAM
-Z RATED 93 COBRA 5 SPEED
-93 COBRA COMPUTER
-70 MM MASS AIR
-THROTTLE BODY
-NEW MOTOR MOUNTS
-BASSANI HEADERS
-BASSANI X PIPE WITH CATS
-NEW STAGE 2 CLUTCH
W/ STEEDA ADJUSTABLE CLUTCH CABLE AND CLUTCH QUADRANT THAT HAD

These are all the mods are the car, I do have a tweecer too that I havnt used just yet.....
I can smell fuel in the exhaust and it falls on its face at 2500rpm I have tried everything need some help! Timing has been checked it sitting at 14.5 or so! help please

• Sponsors (?)

Code 41 or 91 - O2 indicates system lean. Look for a vacuum leak or failing O2 sensor.

I also pull 91 new 02 sensors and I know for a fact the car is hella' rich. You happen to run long tube headers?

Need more info on the computer and the Mass air. The computer is for sure a cobra unit? What is the Mass Air, is it a Cobra unit as well? Just asking since the cobra computer compensates for the injectors in the computer and not the Mass air.

It's probably the o2 sensors.
They are a common problem.

I'd also ditch the cobra computer and meter, in exchange for a stock computer and PMAS meter. Although i doubt they are the problem, but they are certainly a restriction.

Code 41 or 91 - O2 indicates system lean. Look for a vacuum leak or failing O2 sensor.

I also pull 91 new 02 sensors and I know for a fact the car is hella' rich. You happen to run long tube headers?

im having a similar problem, and it happened after i installed my long tube headers. how does it all tie together and whats the problem???

im having a similar problem, and it happened after i installed my long tube headers. how does it all tie together and whats the problem???

the 02 sensors are furuther down and they don't heat up. It's telling the computer it's lean and it's adding more fuel that I don't need My 02's are brand new and no vacuum leaks. Keep giving me code 91. I know for a fact the car is not lean whatsoever....in fact it's so rich it's to the point the exhaust burns my eyes. I have a tuner and pull %12 fuel out a idle just to compensate but its' more of a band aid than anything else at this point. I've yet to have someone tell me how to solve the issue...