1992 foxbody throttle cable

Im trying to find a good quality replacement throttle cable to a stock tb for a factory efi intake. But i flipped the intake so the tb is on the drivers side (because its turbo) but all the cables ive found on big name websites are junk. Anyone have any suggestions that don’t involve modifications to the pedal or tb?

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah take you outer guts to a shop that makes snow plowing cables and have them make a new inner cable. You will find the right shop has the right ends and and will crimp them to the point it will never come off.

I did that for a customer once. If I remember correctly we used the cable from a 5.0 f150. Snatch one out in the junkyard. Cheap and stock is better than aftermarket. Measure them. I'm pretty sure a truck one is what we used.

Another option might be an early 90's/late 80's LTD or Grand Marquis, they had the same intake as Foxbody EFI but turned around (opening toward drivers side).

Reactions: 1 users
Another option might be an early 90's/late 80's LTD or Grand Marquis, they had the same intake as Foxbody EFI but turned around (opening toward drivers side).

That's what I think would be the best option. Fox chassis car, but with the intake flipped the other way. I think fox t-birds with the 5.0 and crown vics are also the same way.

The aftermarket cables seem to be junk in my honest opinion. Unfortunately a good clean junkyard part will probably be of better quality.

Reactions: 2 users