1993 Cobra R

I would bet it has a regular 302 replacement engine in it.

That’s why I asked what number R it is. These cars have a following and there are people that track where they go and prior history. A post on SVTperformsce with the sequence number might get you a history.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I would bet it has a regular 302 replacement engine in it.

That’s why I asked what number R it is. These cars have a following and there are people that track where they go and prior history. A post on SVTperformsce with the sequence number might get you a history.
You're probably right, a 302 not a 351.
...and the R's horsepower rating was no different from the non-R, i.e. 235 hp & only 10 more HP than all the other 302's.
The upgrades were: 4-wheel disc, Cobra only wheels which even the one that sold for $132k doesn't have.
If cylinder heads & cam are worth $100k, my original ProCharger 600B (1st run of 6 units) must be worth $200k. I still have the original wheels. (LOL)

There is a little more to a real cobra R than wheels and brakes, regardless the op has not been back, it's really pretty easy to prove the cars actual worth, it's also pointless to discuss this further here, he apparently is not buying it anyway.

I’m not saying it’s not a real cobra r. I’m hoping somebody on here actually knows what they are talking about and can help me prove to this moron that owns the car that it’s not worth $130k without the correct engine. He’s claiming it to be the only one of the 107 cobra r’s made to come with a 351 and a radio from the factory even though it was a dealer that did all the work months after the owner bought it and blew up the original engine.

Hello, I was browsing and ran across this post. Just curious if you ever spoke to the "moron that owns this car"? I know of a 93R Cobra that had a keeper let go with 225 miles on the car when new (happened to few 1993 Cobra's back then) and since Ford had no spare motors the only thing available was new 351 Lightning motor that the dealer did install. The radio, speaker and wiring were installed by the 3rd owner. The owner never claimed that car was worth 130k, just that it was a rare car is all.

93r.jpg

Hello, I was browsing and ran across this post. Just curious if you ever spoke to the "moron that owns this car"? I know of a 93R Cobra that had a keeper let go with 225 miles on the car when new (happened to few 1993 Cobra's back then) and since Ford had no spare motors the only thing available was new 351 Lightning motor that the dealer did install. The radio, speaker and wiring were installed by the 3rd owner. The owner never claimed that car was worth 130k, just that it was a rare car is all.

LOL. It's not like a 351 just "falls" into a Fox Mustang, especially in '93. Anyway, no manufacturer would ever do this. If nothing else they would have bought the car back and moved on. At least we all get a chuckle, though.

If that were true, than why did the remaining GT40 parts go into V8 Explorers? Also, why did Ford sell the Cobra intakes through their performance parts division?

There is a little more to a real cobra R than wheels and brakes, regardless the op has not been back, it's really pretty easy to prove the cars actual worth, it's also pointless to discuss this further here, he apparently is not buying it anyway.
If that were true, than why did the remaining GT40 parts go into V8 Explorers? Also, why did Ford sell the Cobra intakes through their performance parts division?
Explorers had GT40P heads and no Cobra intake/cam..

Explorers had GT40P heads and no Cobra intake/cam..
96 Explorers and some 97's had the 3 bar GT40 heads, the rest are GT40p's. I actually picked a set up (of 3 bars) off a '98 one time. The Explorer 3 bar heads did not have the openings in the back of the heads for the air injection cross over tube.

As for intake, it is really close to the Cobra in port sizes and performance, just looks a little different.

if i remember back in 1993 ford motorsport was selling the 302 gt40 crate motor..which i think was the cobra engine..i think ford had plenty of 302 gt40 engines back then

Reactions: 1 user