Progress Thread 1993 Gt Hatch, Not Really A Project...upgrades

• Thread starter Deleted member 215073
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 215073

In a few hours, I get to travel about an hour drive south to pick up my new to me 1993 Mustang GT hatch. This car has been on my radar for 20 years, and finally it's for sale. Will post pics asap. 50,000 original miles, very little modifications, and super clean. Has factory A/C that works, the original factory CD player, and I believe a factory sunroof. I'm so excited.

I'd also like to publicly thank my wife for being the kind wonderful person she is, to put off plans for the house so that I wouldn't let this car get away. I would have been devastated if I let this one go.

Reactions: 3 users
  • Sponsors (?)

First few pictures right after I handed over the money.

4902_1497067925912_zpscmrzsemr.jpe

4900_1497063123261_zpsz421n1ch.jpe

OK, here are some more photos. I still can't get over the fact that this car drives like it's brand new. No creaks, rattles, jarring, wind noise etc. Need to burn the old fuel out if it, and get some fresh non-alcohol fuel in it.

IMAG0218_zpsqzaioleh.jpg

IMAG0219_zpselr6qrg0.jpg

IMAG0220_zpskku3vu3n.jpg

IMAG0221_zpsdpc4psw1.jpg

IMAG0222_zpsg1zlwhft.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
IMAG0223_zpspq4rewnb.jpg

IMAG0224_zpsapby3rbr.jpg

IMAG0225_zpsklrsmqfj.jpg

IMAG0226_zpsb60rz8um.jpg

IMAG0227_zpsi824kutc.jpg

IMAG0228_zpsd1i0bhdu.jpg

IMAG0229_zpsmrbphkx6.jpg

The ignition wires and radiator hoses are even original. Radio works, CD needs fixed. I couldn't get pictures of the underside of the car, but it's immaculate. No leaks, not even any seeps. It does have Underdrive pulleys, but they don't seem to affect charging or cooling (yet). The original owner that worked at a Ford garage installed them way back when it was new.

Reactions: 2 users
That car is beautiful !!!! I see exactly why you had to jump on it when you had a chance. Gorgeous car !!!

That car is the thing dreams are made of.

Reactions: 1 users
Again the car is gorgeous! Some under hood detailing is all I can see that it would need in it's future. I'm not a sunroof guy but even that factory sunroof is working for me on this car!

Reactions: 1 user
Took advantage of the July 4th coupon code at LMR.com and ordered a set of MM full length subframe connectors.

I don't want to do any irreversible modifications to my car, but believe that adding these will help keep the chassis solid, and ultimately preserve the car.

Next on the list are new coolant hoses, plug wires, and either a Pro 5.0 or MGW shifter.

Reactions: 1 users
Beautiful! Was the driver's side fender replaced? I see the vin sticker on the passenger's side and not on the driver's side. You can also see a slight contrast where it bolts to engine bay. Could just be the light.

As far as I know, nothing has been replaced. I'm the third owner, and the previous owner had it for 20 years. I've known him since 1995. Original owner worked at a Ford dealership.

Aren't those stickers put on at the dealership? When I worked at a GMC dealer as a mechanic, we put those on during the PDI, and they weren't required to go on every panel. I thought those were for ID purposes during a theft or something.

Yeah. I don't really know about the stickers. I just found them on a 1993 lx I bought a couple months ago. Both fenders, bottom of both doors, hatch, rad support, and along body where hatch sits I think. Just something I noticed when evaluating what I purchased. My car needs a lot of work! But that made me feel a little bit better about what I bought. Then I checked the engine vin and they matched! At 184,000+ miles!

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, there should be a VIN sticker on the opposite fender in same location.

There 11 total I believe. I've found most of them.

2 on fenders on inside lip when you pop hood.

One on the bottom of front and rear bumper. (Lay on back and look up)

Two inside the hatch "moat" by the struts on each side.

One on hood by the hinges

One under the hatch lip

That's 8..

I assume one on spoiler somewhere

There are also partial vins stamped on the engine block, and trans...so there is such a thing as getting a matching numbers fox body. Don't think we are quite there yet

Last edited:
Yes, there should be a VIN sticker on the opposite fender in same location.

There 11 total I believe. I've found most of them.

2 on fenders on inside lip when you pop hood.

One on the bottom of front and rear bumper. (Lay on back and look up)

Two inside the hatch "moat" by the struts on each side.

One on hood by the hinges

One under the hatch lip

That's 8..

I assume one on spoiler somewhere

There are also partial vins stamped on the engine block, and trans...so there is such a thing as getting a matching numbers fox body. Don't think we are quite there yet
Nice! Now I wanna see if I have them! I already know my engine is numbers matching, now I gotta check the trans out.