Roush 1994 - 1998 Guys I need your help

digdoug

Jan 7, 2003
OK, My car wasn't bad, but being red and me being picky I thought it looked a little faded and decided to have a repaint done. Went by today to take a look, they have it all apart and have started getting it preped, but I noticed on the drivers side where they took the ground effect off you could see some old side chevrons on the car. Our cars have two, one more solid and one that fades. Mine were very close together...like less that 1/4 inch between the two pieces. The stripes that were under the skirt had a large area between it, like 1 1/2 inches or so. I came home and have been looking around the net, but I find it hard to tell in pics what that gap should be. Can someone please take a look and let me know the distance between the two pieces so I can have mine put on correctly please? Thanks!!

• Sponsors (?)

gonen20 said:
Oh, Marcus were are you here! Calling the Saleen Genius!:D Robert might know too since he knows just a tad about these year cars too!:)

Yeah, it will be later next week before I need to know, I'm sure someone will get a chance to grab a ruler and measure for me. Since they are put on by hand I am sure they vary some, but as long as I'm in the ballpark it's fine. Seems most I see on the net have the wider gap, but not as wide as those looked on my car. Not sure if they were original or not, I assume they were but you never know with a used car.

digdoug said:
OK, My car wasn't bad, but being red and me being picky I thought it looked a little faded and decided to have a repaint done. Went by today to take a look, they have it all apart and have started getting it preped, but I noticed on the drivers side where they took the ground effect off you could see some old side chevrons on the car. Our cars have two, one more solid and one that fades. Mine were very close together...like less that 1/4 inch between the two pieces. The stripes that were under the skirt had a large area between it, like 1 1/2 inches or so. I came home and have been looking around the net, but I find it hard to tell in pics what that gap should be. Can someone please take a look and let me know the distance between the two pieces so I can have mine put on correctly please? Thanks!!

:scratch: Not sure how the two stripes were placed so close together?? Every replacement set of decals from Saleen I've seen have been a one piece, pre-gapped setup.......I, however, can see how the decal the reads "Saleen" can get installed wrong as it is a seperate piece......

To answer the question as I grabbed a tape measure and strolled to the museum in back.........
On both the speedster and the coupe, the gap is 1 1/4" between the two!!
To further help out, the first strip should start between 2 7/8" and 3" from the gap between the front fender and the door. There should be a 3" gap between the end of the second strip and the word decal "Saleen" starts...hope it turns out good :nice:

s351rspeedster said:
:scratch: Not sure how the two stripes were placed so close together?? Every replacement set of decals from Saleen I've seen have been a one piece, pre-gapped setup.......I, however, can see how the decal the reads "Saleen" can get installed wrong as it is a seperate piece......

To answer the question as I grabbed a tape measure and strolled to the museum in back.........
On both the speedster and the coupe, the gap is 1 1/4" between the two!!
To further help out, the first strip should start between 2 7/8" and 3" from the gap between the front fender and the door. There should be a 3" gap between the end of the second strip and the word decal "Saleen" starts...hope it turns out good :nice:

Great, thanks for the help guys. I had assumed they came made together too, but for some reason mine are off. Here is a pic off of the net:

DrSide1.jpg

and here is my car:

DSCF00081.jpg

It's a lot closer together on my car. I kind of like it closer, but I suppose I should make it correct. I'll call them Monday and let them know the measurements.

Attachments

• DrSide1.jpg
    DrSide1.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 90
  • DSCF00081.jpg
    DSCF00081.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 97
digdoug said:
Great, thanks for the help guys. I had assumed they came made together too, but for some reason mine are off. Here is a pic off of the net:
DrSide1.jpg

This appears to be the correct gap...........

digdoug said:
and here is my car:
DSCF00081.jpg

It's a lot closer together on my car. I kind of like it closer, but I suppose I should make it correct. I'll call them Monday and let them know the measurements.

It's your car and you should have it done how ever you like.....I have to agree with you though, that does look pretty cool having them that close together. Most people wouldn't even no the difference anywa.....But it sure is unique and 1 of a kind.....Maybe that was an option that Saleen offered to make that car 1 of 1 :p

Attachments

• DrSide1.jpg
    DrSide1.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 82
  • DSCF00081.jpg
    DSCF00081.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 83
color

if you don't mind me asking, is your color rio red? i have a 97 s-281 and it's rio red, and i saw where you were having your car painted, but it looks like you already had it done. anyways, fyi if you ever get the paint mixed from napa or any other paint store, make sure they get it right. i gave them the code off of my door and it was E7 or E8(not sure) but anyways after i got my new bumper painted i noticed the colors didn't match up especially in a well lit parking lot at night. so i went back and when they showed me what my code called for, it was vermillion red, which is wrong, the car is rio red. just a heads up for anybody that ever has to go through the same problem. anyways, rio red according to napa was made only for probes:bs: . http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/chrissaleen/alvispicofmycar.jpg it's painted correctly now and i'm happy.:D

chrissaleen said:
if you don't mind me asking, is your color rio red? i have a 97 s-281 and it's rio red, and i saw where you were having your car painted, but it looks like you already had it done. anyways, fyi if you ever get the paint mixed from napa or any other paint store, make sure they get it right. i gave them the code off of my door and it was E7 or E8(not sure) but anyways after i got my new bumper painted i noticed the colors didn't match up especially in a well lit parking lot at night. so i went back and when they showed me what my code called for, it was vermillion red, which is wrong, the car is rio red. just a heads up for anybody that ever has to go through the same problem. anyways, rio red according to napa was made only for probes:bs: . http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/chrissaleen/alvispicofmycar.jpg it's painted correctly now and i'm happy.:D

Nope, mine is a '98 so it's lazer red. That picture of my car is with the old paint...was taken last summer. Like I said I am very picky. Had the wheels refinished, bought a new bumper cover from Saleen because the lower lip of mine had a sag in it, new side skirts because one had a crack on the bottom. The car should be like new when I get it back which is what I wanted. They are using 3 stage Dupont paint, and I've told them I want to come see the color and the prep work on the car before they spray it so hopefully we'll get it right.