1994 GT - Need Location of Fuse for speedometer, dome light, hood light, pwr mirrors

Roadrash1963

Aug 21, 2018
Virginia
Hi, I am new to posting. Last night, suddenly my speedometer, dome light, pwr windows, and hood light and trunk light stopped working. I found that the under-hood light had been rubbing on a pulley and the plastic housing ground down to the metal contacts, where I could tell it had shorted. Is there a common fuse? I searched all the ones under the driver panel.

• Sponsors (?)

It was indeed Fuse #8! I had pulled this one (and several others) and visually examined it, but after reading that a fuse may look visually intact but have been blown anywhere you do not immediately see it. So I pulled it again and looked closer and yes I could see at the top where it looked separated. I replaced it and wala, my clock, mirrors, radio, dome light, and speedometer all work again.

ps, it was a tip here that clued me in to looking under the hood at my underhood light to spot the cause anyway. I pulled the worn down light fixture out and taped over the pwr supply so I should not have anymore issues. thanks all who replied now and previous!