1995 Mustang Gt ABS light

Hopefully someone else has experienced the issues I'm having with my abs light. The abs light will come on once the car is started then as i drive a few miles it will then turn off. I've pulled codes and the only code i get is code 12. Not much on the internet about the abs light coming on then turning off. If anyone has any knowledge on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Scratch my previous post, must be late, I posted about the airbag 12.

Here's a good resource (same site): http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/brakes/absDiagInfo.html

12 seems to indicate 'system ok'

It shouldn't be flashing out the 12 unless the following is done:
To read the error codes out of the ABS unit, you ground the Orange/White wire at the ABS diagnostic connector (with the ignition turned off), and then turn the ignition key to "on".

Check the orange & white wire at the ABS diagnostic connector to see if it's shorted to ground.

Last edited:
The module might be the problem. Other Ford of similar year, I don't know if this applies, but may be worth a shot before you replace it.

Seems like other resources indicate the code 12 means low brake fluid. Which might mean it's actually low, that the float in the brake fluid reservoir isn't working, or that the switch is bad. The link I post gives instructions on bypassing the switch to see if that eliminates your code. Sounded fairly easy to try.