1996 Lincoln MK 8 -> Mustang GT engine swap?

malathion

Nov 23, 2005
Greetings all -

I have a 96 GT, and have the oppportunity to get an aluminum block, 4-cam motor from a 96 Lincoln Mark VIII, for a very agreeable price. My current engine has about 110k miles on it, the potential swap motor only 60k.

Anyone know if the Lincoln motor would drop in?

• Sponsors (?)

It should, and if not, it wont take much fabrication, if it's a good price, grab it up.

I have a '83 Capri RS, with a motor out of a '88 MK7 in it, completly converted to fuel injection the whole entire swap. I was very pleased, however it still cant out my 99 LE.

IMO i'd grab it up if it's a good price, even if not for a direct swap, use it to build a nice 4V motor!!! 4V is tha ****naight!! Auf weidersehen.

:SNSign:

Yeah - a good price it is

The guy is asking for $500, and it's within 10 miles of the house. If nothing else, the motors got 55k less miles than my current one, and about 65 - 70 more horses stock. Guess the 96 GT was at about 215 hp - pretty weak compared to the increases each year after.

malathion said:
The guy is asking for $500, and it's within 10 miles of the house. If nothing else, the motors got 55k less miles than my current one, and about 65 - 70 more horses stock. Guess the 96 GT was at about 215 hp - pretty weak compared to the increases each year after.

Dude! That is as good a situation as you can ask for, first off, you cant beat the price, that's awesome, second, it's right down the street!!! Usually most ppl wind up having to have a motor freighted, which is a pain, having to exchange shipping info and arranging for the seller to get it done....can just be a painfull process. This sounds like a golden opportunity, and the motor is probably not beat, the internals should be nice and solid, it was mounted to an auto, so, if I were you, i'd buy it without any hesitation.

However, it would be nice if you had the opportunity to hear it run, or atleast do a compression test on it, even if it's out of the car, it's not too too hard to do, and, well it would suck to get it home with a broken valve or something. I always do comp test before any purchase, but honestly at that price, i'd take it regardless, it's worth every penny and then some.

:SNSign:

it is a relatively easy swap, but you can run into issues where it won't run.

you need a custom tune for it to run right. use all of your sensors and IAC from your current engine. use your harness also.

use the 19lb injectors to get to the tuner. hook the imrc's to vacuum.