1999 V6, mating to a 98 4.6 v8...help?

Hello, im looking for some advice, tips, and help from anyone who can. Heres whats going on. I have a 1999 V6 coupe with an auto trans and 86k miles and im sick of haveing a V6 and i finaly found something to help me out, i am driving to indiana tommarow to pick up a used 4.6 liter v8 out of a wrecked car, i am getting everything, front accesoiries, MAF intake and all that good stuff for a real good price, the guy said the motor runs strong and had no problems, so when i get it i figure before i drop it in i will clean it and tune it up real good and throw some headers on while its out (btw-im going to have mac prochambe and flopath catback installed as well) but anyway what i really need to know from you guys is how this is going to work and what step im going to need to take, i know the 98 4.6 differs from new ones due to PI heads and intake upping HP, but i can get to that in a few months....heres my major questions...

1-Will it fit up to my auto trans?

2- what computers will i need?

3- whats it going to take?

4- will i need new motor moutns?

PS- i know i need a bigger rear end, thats later tho...

THANX GUYS! Cant wait to be with you guys and gals in the 4.6 world :spot:

• Sponsors (?)

i dont think it will bolt up to the tranny. if i remember correctly, the 3.8 litre uses a windsor style bellhousing pattern, and the 4.6 litre uses a different pattern. i think you might need a new k-member, you will need a new computer.

you cant change the bellhousing on the 4r70w, so ya you will probably need a new tranny. the computer should probably be for a 98 becaue a 99+ computer will try to use the individual coils, not the coil packs that were on the 96-98 stangs. also, i dunno what the law is in michigan, but in california it is illegal to put a motor from an older car into a newer car.