2.3 Engine Bay Wiring

raun93lx

Mar 25, 2018
I have read numerous of sites and pages on this but can someone just let me know what wiring and etc needed for my swap. I have a 93 2.3 5 speed to where im going with a 5.0 Carb swapped. My plan is to eliminate as much as i can to have a clean engine bay with out having wires that not needed. SO my question is what wires is needed

You can do that swap with none of them. You need the headlight harness...and a bunch of stuff on the starter solenoid. Get a gm style vacuum advance HEI distributor for a mustang. If you run an electric choke carb you'll need to run those wires. Getting factory gauges to work is a harder task.

thanks so my question is i got the headlight harness but what do i need to extend for the alternator, and what wire needed to get power to my ignition

I've never attempted to use the 4 cylinder harness. The alternator wires should be green, yellow, and white / black stripe. The green wire is the one that triggers the battery light in dash. The temp sender wire could be retained also. I have no idea where to find these wires in a 4 banger harness.

ok ima have to find the wires for the 4 banger and sort them out so i can get to this i appreciate you for responding