2.3 t5 transmission

Piranahbite

Jan 21, 2022
American canyon
GUYS! i have an emergency situation. Im in the assembly phase of repairing the clutch on my 87 2.3 mustang, i had some slipping, and some nocking going on. Found a worn throughout bearing and a semi worn pilot bearing and a glazed and groved clutch. I got a new clutch set, and im looking for a clutch fork now because the spring on my old one is worn out were the throughout bearing rests. I dont feel comfortable re using it because its gotten way more worn since 2 years ago when i first did this clutch. Can anyone source me a clutch fork with a good spring? Im only finding 5.0 forks, and 2.3 forks with broken springs. If anything, i can re rivit a spring on if anyone has just a spring. Ill attatch pictures of my parts for you all.

Attachments

• 20230909_200703.jpg
    20230909_200703.jpg
    482.6 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20230909-201024_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230909-201024_Gallery.jpg
    520.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 20230909_201441.jpg
    20230909_201441.jpg
    405.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 20230909_200748.jpg
    20230909_200748.jpg
    382.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 20230909_200729.jpg
    20230909_200729.jpg
    536 KB · Views: 34
  • 20230909_200655.jpg
    20230909_200655.jpg
    471.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Sponsors (?)

GUYS! i have an emergency situation. Im in the assembly phase of repairing the clutch on my 87 2.3 mustang, i had some slipping, and some nocking going on. Found a worn throughout bearing and a semi worn pilot bearing and a glazed and groved clutch. I got a new clutch set, and im looking for a clutch fork now because the spring on my old one is worn out were the throughout bearing rests. I dont feel comfortable re using it because its gotten way more worn since 2 years ago when i first did this clutch. Can anyone source me a clutch fork with a good spring? Im only finding 5.0 forks, and 2.3 forks with broken springs. If anything, i can re rivit a spring on if anyone has just a spring. Ill attatch pictures of my parts for you all.
Also, i have a drag race on the 20th id like to try to make, hence the emergency

BIG UPDATE!!! so, im a dumbass, the whole job was a miss diagnosis, the hissing came from an exhaust leak at the egr pipe, and the rattling was my caterpiller converter that fell appart... the clutch was fine... but i eventually replaced evreything anyway and got a new clutch fork. BUT i still have a nock!!!! Only at idle and deceleration at around 0-5mph, its seperate from the cat-nock because i removed it, and got a good video for you guys, what do you think this is??? That silly plate that goes between the engine and tranny? Or somthing else? Heres the video
View: https://youtube.com/shorts/S7JE_a5VYu8?si=DvJOQvQa-xUYT5Ca

On the video, it sounds like something banging on the floorpan. First thing that comes to mind is the exhaust pipe slapping against something. Broken motor mounts or trans mount allowing eng/trans to torque more than usual and bang against something. Time to get it up in the air and see WTH is going on!

Reactions: 1 user
On the video, it sounds like something banging on the floorpan. First thing that comes to mind is the exhaust pipe slapping against something. Broken motor mounts or trans mount allowing eng/trans to torque more than usual and bang against something. Time to get it up in the air and see WTH is going on!
that's what it feels like, I feel it through the floorplan, but I dont think there's anything obvious slapping around, exhaust is too far from everything to hit anything, and it only happens in the mornings or at night, when the cars cold. I have a suspicion it has somthing to do with somthing that rotates, fly wheel, crank, cam, or accessory drive. last bit of info I have is that it started after my big NHRA race back in the end of July and since i have replaced the whole clutch assembly besides the input shaft

Another thing that may be causing this issue, are you guys familiar with the little plate that goes in between the block and bellhousing and tucks behind the flywheel? if so, you'd know there a pain in the butt to install or leave in place, specially when their bent... which mine is... so I'm thinking maybe mines bent enough to ever so slightly kiss the flywheel every now and then... but maybe not if this is plausible i do have a second one from the TC engine i pulled