Fox 2 questions. How to widen car and what are these holes?

James V

5 Year Member
Feb 26, 2017
Connecticut
Hi again. Building my 93 notch. Just bought a new sve radiator kit and noticed the radiator had 2 holes on the left side right below the cap, what are those for and do I need to plug them?
2016-07-12_20-13-04.jpg

Secondly I was thinking of buying the tiger fender flares. How do you get the wheels to be flush with the fenders? Do I need a new rear axle? I think the flares are 2" on each side.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

The holes on the left side are for an automatic transmission cooler, so you dont have to plug them if your not using them if you dont want too.

To get the wheels flush you need to make sure to measure & buy the correct backspaced wheel. This will depend on a few different items like which axle length you are going to use Fox or SN94-98 or SN99-04, the width of rim you are wanting to use, tire sizing, etc.

No need for a new axle just for the flares

Reactions: 1 user
The holes on the left side are for an automatic transmission cooler, so you dont have to plug them if your not using them if you dont want too.

To get the wheels flush you need to make sure to measure & buy the correct backspaced wheel. This will depend on a few different items like which axle length you are going to use Fox or SN94-98 or SN99-04, the width of rim you are wanting to use, tire sizing, etc.

No need for a new axle just for the flares

Perfect thanks for the insite! Glad it's not as complicated as I thought.

Reactions: 1 user