2000 Ford Mustang Gt 4.6

Misti

Jun 23, 2019
Doniphan Mo
I have recently changed my Heater Core on my car and Not only 3 months later the Heater Core went out again! So in the meantime I have bypassed the Heater Core!
I just bought another New Core from the parts Store! Yet again I am getting ready to drop my Dash and getting into this 2 day event of fixing this heater core!
Does anyone have any idea why this keeps happening! I'm just not sure what's causing it and how to prevent it from happening again!

Thanks A Bunch Miss Misti May

• Sponsors (?)

There's an updated version of the motor to firewall heater hoses that have a restrictor orifice. This reduces the floor of coolant through the heater core.

How about the quality of the body grounds. Clean and tight? No rust? How about between the motor and battery ground. Low voltage drop?

Howto perform charging system voltage drop test

What about the condition of the coolant? Fresh and clean?

Finally, measure the voltage between the voltage between the heater core and batter negative. Compare the reading between the heater core and motor block. IF there is excessive voltage this will cause electrolysis.

Reactions: 1 user
I will check these things you have mentioned today! I truly dont want to replace this heater core again and again! LoL, I should be A minor pro at dropping the dash and replacing it at the rate I am going with this!
Thank You Very Much !!