2000 GT convert question(s)....

mustangsquared

Founding Member
Jun 8, 2002
new bern nc
The GF is thinking of getting rid of her jeep and getting a 2000 GT convert with auto, 101,000 miles... I know nothing about them :shrug: so I need all your expert opinions/advise:nice::

1) what are the known issues with them?
2) what do I need to double check to ensure I dont get a lemon other then the normal items
3) what's the MPG... her jeep is 15/17.... (assuming she doesnt drive it like my 06... I swear she acts like she stold it)

Thanks in advance, and I came in here rather then talk since I figure anyone thats had issues will be in here...

• Sponsors (?)

The GF is thinking of getting rid of her jeep and getting a 2000 GT convert with auto, 101,000 miles... I know nothing about them :shrug: so I need all your expert opinions/advise:nice::

1) what are the known issues with them?
2) what do I need to double check to ensure I dont get a lemon other then the normal items
3) what's the MPG... her jeep is 15/17.... (assuming she doesnt drive it like my 06... I swear she acts like she stold it)

Thanks in advance, and I came in here rather then talk since I figure anyone thats had issues will be in here...

check for the aluminum coolant crossover on the intake manifold. the ones without it tend to crack after awhile. other than that, no real issues i can think of.

i would get 18-20mpg with my auto vert when it was stock in 70% city. best i ever got was 24.5mpg 90% highway, but i had two heavy passengers and the a/c going. probably could have gotten 26mpg if i drove 65mph all highway.

Thanks, looks like she is going to get it...he's going to trade her for Jeep Wrangler and give her an additional $1000.00.... I hated the jeep and she kept asking the "if it was you, what would you do?".... I have 2 stangs and a tahoe... I wouldnt have had to think.... :) So it appears my driveway will have 3 generations of stangs sitting in it!! I'm 35 and feel like its Christmas morning...just wish it was a 5sp...oh well....looks like UDP's and new synth fluids will be the first order of business. Maybe it willmotivate me to put the UDP's on the 06...

I've got an 01 Vert, manual tranny with 127000on her. Best car I've ever owned. I love her. I just replaced the top, cost me about $950 and the stang looks brand new. Replaced the clutch at about 90k. Had a COP go out at about 115k and replace them with crap blue accel type coils...three have now fail so I will be ordering the WeaponX cops and plugs on Monday. I consider all of these as age appropriate maintenance issues not problems. Really, this has been a fantastic car and I have no plans of leaving her anytime soon.