2000 GT - Recent audio upgrade

Recently replaced (most of) the stock Mach 460 system in my 2000 GT with the following:

Pioneer premier DEH-P690B head unit.

1000 watt JL Audio monoblock amp with a Raptor capacitor.

Single JL Audio 13W7 subwoofer in a sealed enclosure built to JL audios
specification.

Replaced stock rear deck speakers with Pioneer 5x7 3
ways.

Also:

Disconnected all stock amps and ran deck power straight to doors/rear speakers (Ill be upgrading this aspect of the install soon to add another amp and replace door speakers with component speakers)

Removed stock cd unit and put a cubby in its place.

The audio shop removed the rear deck assembly to make room for the subwoofer box, (the big plastic piece inside the trunk which was holding the stock amps and acted as an enclosure for the rear deck speakers).

Surprisingly the door speakers and tweeters by the mirrors sound MUCH better being powered by the Deck's own power vs. the stock amps (go figure).

The subwoofer alone (out of the enclosure) weighs 52lbs! (Some pics I took of it before install here)
JL_13W7.jpg

Nothing outrageous, everything hidden of course.
backseats.jpg

But when I want maximum output, fold the backseats down:
backseat-down.jpg

Pioneer deck - It's great being able to plug in a USB memory stick filled with MP3's instead of having to burn a bunch of CD's.
pioneer_install.jpg

Ive been into home & car audio for years now and must say these JL audio W7 series woofers sound amazing,.. very clean,deep and ridiculously loud if you want them to be!

Ill have to invest in dynamat soon as there are some rattles that need silencing (at least the rattles cant heard on the inside but can be heard outside).

Anyhow just thought I'd share.. overall I'm very happy with the sound quality and must give props to Dynamite Car Audio in Clovis CA. for there help and for doing a great job.

I bought the JL Amp and Sub a little over a year ago off Ebay for about half retail price (both new in box) and kept procastinating having it installed but Im glad I finally did.

Sorry about the pic quality as I took most shots with my cellphone.

Attachments

• JL_13W7.jpg
    JL_13W7.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 182
  • backseats.jpg
    backseats.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 170
  • backseat-down.jpg
    backseat-down.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 168
  • pioneer_install.jpg
    pioneer_install.jpg