2000 PI headswappers, come in!!!

RysRed96GT

I like it FURRY!!!
Founding Member
Apr 9, 2001
Pasadena, MD
got a few questions before i start mine next week.

first of all, what kind of timing cover bolts do i need? i have regular 10mm bolts for the 2000 years, but apparently i need 2 studs or whatever for the coil packs. can i reuse my old bolts that hold on the coil packs? or do i need the 10mm bolts, since mine now are 8mm. do they even make these since there are no 2x2 coil-packs on these years? how did you all do it?

also, do i need a new crank pully bolt?

i just need all info from 99/2000 headswappers only (i believe only these years have the 10mm timing cover bolts, versus the 8mm). any help is greatly appreciated. thanx!

• Sponsors (?)

fastback brian said:
yea keep your stock timing cover since the 2000+ cover have a differnt setup for the belt. And you do have windsor valve covers for your new heads right.
i have the valve covers off the 00, yes.

wld_wst...your block is a 00? mine's a 96. did you use the same front timing cover bolts that went into your 98 heads on your 00?

my question is whether my 96 front timing cover can work with these 2000 heads. and if so, what sizes are the bolts. also, i was curious about the studs that hold the coil packs on.

RysRed96GT said:
i have the valve covers off the 00, yes.

wld_wst...your block is a 00? mine's a 96. did you use the same front timing cover bolts that went into your 98 heads on your 00?

Okay I have 2001 heads, 2000 block, and yes the timing cover is off my 98. My motor is completely built eagle rods, .020 over CP pistons, etc.....

WLD_WST said:
Honestly, I'm not sure what size they are. But the bolts that go around the cover are all the same size except for two right above the oil pan.
ok. from my understanding the 00 heads are 10mm only. so you dont know if the timing cover bolts came off your 98?

not trying to be a pain here but i just want to make sure im not gonna have to order parts when my car's apart next week. im only concerned about the 8 upper bolts and where/how i can get/reuse the 2 that hold the coil packs on.