2000 saleen VS. 2003 Lancer Evo

saleen137

Nov 11, 2003
Bellflower
from what i know the evo is bone stock. My car on the other hand has rear seat delete, steeda tri ax shifter, K&n intake system, chip, and more weight reduction. Now at all of this and i knowing that you guys know about saleens who do you guys think will win. It's a race that my friend took care off. Now i tols him too race for 50$ bucks but he said just for fun. let me know

• Sponsors (?)

EVOs don't really have much more HP than 99+ GTs. They also have AWD losses. They only weigh 200 lbs less at most stock vs stock (32xx vs 34xx). Their AWD launch is all they have stock vs stock. When you start to mod, the turbo car gets faster a lot quicker.

-Jason

Curb Weight: 3263 lbs. ~evo 2003
Curb Weight: 3242 lbs. ~2000 GT

this is from edmunds.com. It says the 2004 GT is 33xx, I guess the 00's are lighter b/c no hood scoop? :rlaugh: I think it'll be a good race, you'll win from a roll (assuming he's stock) b/c they put down less horsepower to the ground b/c of the awd loss.

4.6MustangSteve said:
A dude I know has an Evo and I always pull on him from a roll. From a dig he owns me, but he won't race me from a dig again. Something about too many hard drag launches screwing his stuff up :shrug:.

i have a friend that has a evo & he just had to replace his clutch & it was like $1000 or $1500 (i can't remember which one). his car is absolutley nasty though, it's far from stock & he needed a nasty clutch to go along with it. btw, he just had his car, completely worked over; larger turbo, custom manifold, & the list goes on. he put down 504 whp on a awd dyno, i think. it's been a while since i saw the sheet, i'll try & double check

p.s.- i saw him completly rape a z06, with a good driver :eek:

Volldamort said:
Be sure to take it to ATLEAST 60-80mph. He will eat you alive down low with his AWD, but once you get going you should reel him in and pass. :nice:

well my saleen is not supercharged. it's the speedster model and i forgot to include that its a conv. with the roll bar. so it might be more heavy than that. when i did my smog they said estimated at 3,500. i know from a roll he will pull on me. thanks to all who replied. so should i race and spank him or go home and weep?

c2see21 said:
p.s.- i saw him completly rape a z06, with a good driver :eek:

Now that is a vid that I want to see :banana:

I say just for for it win or lose, if you lose just get more mods and try again, if you win ... thumbs up to you ... but most EVO owners know about some good mods to really wake that car up like Boost Controller, Offroad Downpipe, Affordable turbo upgrade, etc,. .. good luck!

saleen137 said:
well my saleen is not supercharged. it's the speedster model and i forgot to include that its a conv. with the roll bar. so it might be more heavy than that. when i did my smog they said estimated at 3,500. i know from a roll he will pull on me. thanks to all who replied. so should i race and spank him or go home and weep?

Race him but, like I said, be sure to take it to the higher speeds where you have the advantage. You should be able to pull him up top.

ok

if you can drive I think you can beat him.. he is going to get you on the launch but you will slowly get to him.. most likely when he launches he will bog and you will be ahead and pull away.. AWD is hard to launch.. I driven a some WRX's and you have to rev it ****ing high and hope it doesnt bog.. but if you get it right you take off.. one nite at the track.. I watch a EVO run low 14's to a 12.8.. race him from a roll and how him whats up..