2001 GT code p0174

• Sponsors (?)

Hi, hey- no problem there! My bad, missed the part about the new necessity of the vacuum line being ID’d. You did mention smelling fuel vapor in the beginning of the thread as I recall. Looking for full Vacuum diagrams for 01’s- meant to ask, it throw the PO174 again?
34CF2069-151C-4188-A778-9121A41169FB.gif

Reactions: 1 user
I just went and looked and can not see the other end. It looks like the a/c drier would have to be removed to get to where it goes. Might be able to get to it with the fender liner removed.
Shot in the dark but have you tried taking the glove box out and seeing if you can feel up to where it goes into the firewall? I've done that for a couple repairs but it was a pita not gonna lie lol

Hi, hey- no problem there! My bad, missed the part about the new necessity of the vacuum line being ID’d. You did mention smelling fuel vapor in the beginning of the thread as I recall. Looking for full Vacuum diagrams for 01’s- meant to ask, it throw the PO174 again?
34CF2069-151C-4188-A778-9121A41169FB.gif
Yes it did throw the code again before I found the split in the hose. The inside of the hose looked like it was coated with some liquid. Not sure if it was gas. The outside of the hose had black soot all over it and felt spongy.

I will check on that.
Hi,
Well, for a quick potential clue Google the hose ID type off the one you’re following to reflect it’s intended usage group..I.E.; Fuel, A/C, etc..A hint. You have the Shop Manual’s diagram to track it? I can post a Ford one tomorrow at some point, heads up
Likely the silver bullet that will make most of your issues, if not all- go away. Geriatricsanitore is right, follow through with removing whatever you need to get a good look at everything and a reasonably clear workspace to make a good quality repair. Don’t want to deal with this again in a year...
Stay on it, good luck, and post if you need that diagram or have any questions.
Best!
John