2001 jetta 1.8T?

• Sponsors (?)

That's what we specialize in at our shop (we owned 1 1.8t too, now a vr too). You'll destroy it. It'd need a lot more than a catback to hang with you. Just for reference, I had a 91 jetta (about 600 lbs lighter than the newer ones) and Swapped a Vr6 into it, head was fully built, cams, and a Vortech supercharger, basically everything they had available at the time I had done to it then some. My somewhat stockish pig of a cobra would take it if I still had it. I put like 7-8K$ into that motor, and now that I have a stang that money would have went alooot further. But a couple months ago I just bought another 84' GTI that I'm completely redoing that's soaking up all my cash so the cycle continues :nonono:

Nik_95Cobra said:
That's what we specialize in at our shop (we owned 1 1.8t too, now a vr too). You'll destroy it. It'd need a lot more than a catback to hang with you. Just for reference, I had a 91 jetta (about 600 lbs lighter than the newer ones) and Swapped a Vr6 into it, head was fully built, cams, and a Vortech supercharger, basically everything they had available at the time I had done to it then some. My somewhat stockish pig of a cobra would take it if I still had it. I put like 7-8K$ into that motor, and now that I have a stang that money would have went alooot further. But a couple months ago I just bought another 84' GTI that I'm completely redoing that's soaking up all my cash so the cycle continues :nonono:
care to post pics of your vdubs?? i really like them...

I'll have to get the ones of my jetta transferred on here from my other computer, it was really a pioneer car for its time, sold it about 98' or 99'. I've owned a 82' jetta, 84' jetta, that 91' jetta, , 92 jetta, 86' jetta, 88' jetta, 91' passat, 95 passat, 95 jetta, and a few others that I can't remember. Here's a pic of my new 84', it has a full 93-95 ABA swap with (soon to be boosted) with the motronic and all, it's ugly as sin right now, but goes in for paint in two weeks. I grew up a vee-dubber (the VW business has been in our family about 45 years now), and could never quite shake the bug, so I'm building this one up so that I can keep my Cobra nice and clean in the garage, plus I can relive some of my youth lol :D Keep in mind it's getting painted lol, but everything that's replacable has been replaced and it's load of fun. I'll try and get some of my jetta on here soon.
51275.jpg

4833.jpg

looks really cool man:nice: my buddy just bought a 2000 jetta vr6...not quite as old school as yours, but i really like the car a lot...im gettin more and more into vw's as i read about them...theres nothing like german engineering....i'd LOVE a 20th anniversary gti for a daily driver:D

we recently bought an 01 Jetta TDI, I love it, its an extremely nice car, the transmission is as smooth as a baby's ass, and the diesel with the 5-speed gets 49 mpg on the highway! but, it is slow as schitt, our jeep cherokee could waste this thing; but with a diesel that gets 49 mpg, you cant expect too much in the speed dept.

But I've heard the 1.8T are only about 1.5 sec or less quicker than the TDI's in a 1/4 mile.

stprorolla, here's a very bad pic I found to scan of my my 91 vr6 s/c jetta, and a pic of our former drag car, which was an 84 gti and it ran 11.02, we had these well before the import craze hit (the drag rabbit about 12 years ago before many parts were available), which because of that import craze, is exactly why I got out of that scene.
61893.jpg

61895.jpg

Yeah I remember it weighing in the low 1800's, and on the engine dyno it cranked out 475 horse on a largely stock motor, had a mildly ported head, mild cams, stock bottom end for a while, and the turbo. They didn't have all the cool front wheel drive technology back then like they do now, if they did it would have went a lot quicker than 11.02 I suspect.

Nik_95Cobra said:
Yeah I remember it weighing in the low 1800's, and on the engine dyno it cranked out 475 horse on a largely stock motor, had a mildly ported head, mild cams, stock bottom end for a while, and the turbo. They didn't have all the cool front wheel drive technology back then like they do now, if they did it would have went a lot quicker than 11.02 I suspect.
definately...im serously thinking about getting a gti in a few years when im outta college, and keeping my stang for a fun car....for now, i need it reliable if im gona be driving it once or twice a year from nj, to savannah, ga....