Roush 2001 Saleen Supercharger??

Hi guys.

I have an '03 gt and am looking at a Saleen supercharger off of an 01 saleen. The seller says it was replaced with a Series 2 supercharger. There is a bad bearing, but I have found a company that can rebuild Eaton supercharges (it is an eaton right?:shrug: )

It comes with a bunch of new parts that the seller never swapped out when he upgraded.
Would I need new injectors with this?
Is this a bag of worms to install on my Daily driver?
Should I worry about the short block (35,000 miles)?

Thanks for all of your Saleen Knowledge.

Matt

• Sponsors (?)

dont worry about the block get a good tune. if its a 01 its a series 2. If you get it send it to magnum powers to get ported. Otherwise the s4 blower is awsome took me into the high 11's. [email protected]. you will need a focus pump and if you dont pulley it 36lb injectors should come with it if im not mistaken

Disco:

It is about $700.00 with the manifold, heat exchanger and all of the hardware. He is also giving a Chicane intake with this. (from what I can see in the pic's).

There is a local company that will rebuild it completely for $750... less if it is just a nose bearing.

What I can't figure is why someone would buy a $4,500 kit to replace a part that could be rebuilt for under a grand. :shrug:

I am a sceptic at heart and something does not seem right... just too good of a deal.

Matt

If you are not toally familiar with these Eaton blowers then take a pass. What about the heat exchanger, resivoir, all of the lines, etc, etc. Bad bearing also.

If it smells like a can of worms and looks like one, it is. Don't risk you daily driver over an offer that sounds too good to be true because it is.

Just ny 2 cents.

Yea something does not seem right at all just walk away. I went through that crap too trying to buy something used and it was on for a week my mother drove the car and its only missing one bolt yea right. Call Haney motorsport up order a IV blower and enjoy the car. I have my complete body kit coming from them i cant wait. Now im going to look good going down the drag strip.

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=669510

Its on this site with a bunch of pic's. After seeing this, and knowing that I can get it rebuilt locally by a company that remanufactures Eaton's for $750.00 (maximum with a lifetime warranty), now what do you think?

It seems like I could have a saleen blower for my daily driver for under $2,000.00.

I am planning on supercharging and have been looking for a Ken-bell 1.7 or 2.1 used for a decent price... but then I saw this:shrug:

Thoughts and feelings????

Matt

I would not do it. If the $2k range is good for ya, check out the vortech tuner kits from coolblueperformance.com. They are a little more expensive, but its a far better blower, you can pick and choose other options for it. And you'll have all your parts for sure, and a vortech warranty. and 500rwhp would be easy :)

Matt's 03 GT said:
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=669510

Its on this site with a bunch of pic's. After seeing this, and knowing that I can get it rebuilt locally by a company that remanufactures Eaton's for $750.00 (maximum with a lifetime warranty), now what do you think?

It seems like I could have a saleen blower for my daily driver for under $2,000.00.

I am planning on supercharging and have been looking for a Ken-bell 1.7 or 2.1 used for a decent price... but then I saw this:shrug:

Thoughts and feelings????

Matt

Just wait for a kenne-bell, otherwise get a vortech, ATi or novi2000.

I had the eaton before and it's like day and night with the kenne-bell. The eaton series 4 ain't better than previous series, I drove it too and than car still feels heavy like the one I had. They're now twin-screw too but not much difference with older roots...
The 1.7 KB is a different story...
Did I forget to mention I gained 150rwhp after the eaton-KB swapp and only 2 more psi ? ( 7 to 9)...

Bet my saleen IV in me would still beat you at the drag strip and probably on the street too. I own a dyno, stop everyone from worry about number and numbers. I never worried about them thats why i got the IV blower. Lets face it its one of the smaller blowers out there but it works just fine. Let me get my hands on a E car with the bigger blower, I would tune it and race it and show some numbers.

Thanks for all of the reply's. I think I will wait for a 2.1 Ken bell blower... any one have any hot leads on one???

My daily driver up untill about 2 months ago was a 2.5L Ranger, 5 speed (100 hp!) :nonono: I was certain that 260 hp would be more than enough for now... but here I am trying to get to 350hp :hail2: ... I guess I should allow room to grow since it seems I am addicted......:nice:

Thanks again,

Matt

My point is you dont need blowers and things that magazines and forums push because they dyno such high numbers. If saleen made the V kit yet for the 99-04 cars add a small pulley and tune and you will be at kb power. In a customers car i tune we said heck with porting heck with whipple and kb. Its a 03 cobra dynoed the lowest of them all and has full interior went 10.99 at 123mph. So you dont always need the highest hp on a dyno to run fast thats my point.

I have been looking up the Kenne Bell blowers and the truth is they are about 50 miles from my house, they have a proven track record and make a blower that will meet my needs. I was just trying to get a deal:owned:

I am not looking for the highest numbers... but the best driving car. I think I will enjoy the immediate boost and higher torque of these blowers rather than the centri's... just my oppinion!

Matt