2002 convertible power windows issue

natezink

Jan 26, 2019
USA
Good afternoon,

I have a 2002 gt convertible that the passenger power window isn't rolling down when using either switch. I have taken both door panels apart and have confirmed the motor is working. The window will try to roll up when the switch on the passenger side is pressed but does nothing from the driver's side switch. I have checked the wiring and found the white/yellow wire must have a break in it(trying to measure resistance across it shows it has an open the other wires running between the switches show resistance). I am fairly confident it is in the harness running through the door and into the car because it would work for awhile when the door was opened part of the way. I have tried to find the plug under the dash and have located it but can't seem to find any instructions on how to get to it to unplug it so I can pull it out to attempt to repair it. I can see the harness and I have removed the kicker panel but it is located in a way that I can't figure out how to get to it. I also can't determine qwhat else I have to take off the vehicle to gain access to it. Any help with this would be appreciated and any videos on this would be even better.

Thanks,

Nathan

• Sponsors (?)