2002 MOUNTAINEER Problem (DTCs)

BlackenedSVT

Jan 18, 2004
New Jersey
I realize this probably isn't supposed to be in the 4.6L Mustang tech section here...but it still is a Ford 4.6L SOHC engine :) So i need some help.

Ok I have a 2002 Mercury Mountaineer. 4.6L V8 SOHC -- AWD

Now, after doing an oil change on this car, and resetting the "change oil" engine light, the car ran fine for a few days. Then today, the CHECK ENGINE light comes on. I plug it into my snap-on brick scanner that i have at work, and it gives me a P1400 - DBFE Low CKT Voltage trouble code. I look it up on All-Data and it says: "P1400 - DBF EGR circuit low voltage problem"

I coppied down the Freeze frame data, and cleared the codes to see if it the light came on again. As i was driving home, it did. So now the check engine light is still on. Here is what the freeze frame data said before i cleared it:

"Freeze Frame Data - OK To Drive"
P1400 - DPF EGR Ckt Low Voltage
Engine RPM... 1,399
Fuel Sys 1... CL​
Fuel Sys 2... NOT USED
Coolant (*C)... 71*C​
Short Term Fuel Trim (B1%)... 3.1
LT Fuel Trim (B1%)... -1.5​
Short Term Fuel Trim (B2%)... 6.3
LT Fuel Trim (B2%)... -1.5​
Veh. Speed (Kph)... 54
Eng. Load %... 47.1​

Can anyone make sense of the fuel trims and tell me what the problem is exactly? My boss says somethign with the 2 EGR solenoids or something went bad on the car, he mentioned something about it happening all the time on these cars and that it has nothing to do with the fact i did the oil change last week.

Can anyone help me out here? I'll be working on it with my boss this weekend. Just wanted to see if anyone can help me out though also.

• Sponsors (?)

simple.

replace the DPFE in fact it probally has the recall out for it.. they fail so oten ford recalled them.

the two componets your boss is talking about is the DPFE ( thats the one that always goes) and the EVR so he was teelling you right, just pm me the mileage and vin and I will tell you if your covered under warrenty for th repair.

svttech76 said:
simple.

replace the DPFE in fact it probally has the recall out for it.. they fail so oten ford recalled them.

the two componets your boss is talking about is the DPFE ( thats the one that always goes) and the EVR so he was teelling you right, just pm me the mileage and vin and I will tell you if your covered under warrenty for th repair.

Ok give me one second, and i will go and write it down and PM it to you

EDIT: Ok, PM sent. Thanks mike