2002 Mustang Still Not Idling Please Help!!!!!

Thomas Holton

Oct 22, 2016
I already posted on here I changed my iac back to my original and cleaned it as well as the throttle body. When I start he car it will idle for a second then immediately start Dieing it goes to super low idle and then just turns off. It's throwing all kinds of codes. Cylinder 7 misfire, injector circuit cylinder 7 open, air iput high and low, misfire on start up first 100 rpm, also 4 heater banks are high. I don't know what to do someone please help!! I just want to get ia running without spending thousands of dollars!

• Sponsors (?)

Bottom line. EXPECT the idle to be poor anytime there are outstanding Mis-fire related DTC codes. In general ALWAYS resolve mis-fire related DTC's first before moving down the list.

Just wondering. Have you checked all of the fuses? Especially F2.2 and F2.8 (O2 heaters!!)

1999-2004 fuse panel schedule:
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...gt-2001-motor-swap-wont-fire-please-help.html

If asked for an educated guess, you also have a bad electrical connection to fuel injector #7. Either the connector is bad, the connector is loose, or the fuel injector is bad.

Also it's always a good idea to post the full DTC codes. There are 1000's of them and they each have a story to tell. (no need to post until the next round of repairs have been done).