2002 v6 to 5.4L DOHC swap

• Sponsors (?)

My car was born a v6 automatic in 2002. After doing my first transplant on a 96 v6 automatic to a V8 4.6L PI 5spd, I knew in some distant future, I would do another surgery. As the years went by, I started researching and sourcing parts all over the internet and local junkyards. I accumulated so many parts, I could not walk freely in my garage. And each time I decide to start working on my Mustang, something always derails my plans. You see, back when I bought my Mustang, I was single in college then Cupid shot his arrow through my heart in 2004 and I fell for a young thing. All my time and $$ went into my new love, so project Frankenstein was put on the back burner. Fast forward to 2011, the young thing I fell in love with in college became my wife. So now my money isn't just mine alone and then in 2012, we welcomed our first baby girl. With my new found responsibilities, Project Frankenstein was dead in the tracks. I still held on to hope that someday, I would pickup where I left off on this project. I continued buying parts here and there. In 2018, my son was born and my dream of finishing my project car was nothing but a fading dream until COVID-19 hit.

Now with the new reality of working from home and the kids out of school, I saw hope once again in Project Frankenstein. So tune in for the transformation of a natural born V6 to a 5.4L DOHC Twin Turbo.

******Part List*****
-5.4L SOHC complete from junkyard
-Navigator DOHC heads
-T45( Later will use TKO600)
-Custom Ford 9inch
-Ford 9 inch Disk brake kit
-2002 4.6L GT ECM harness
-1999 Mustang GT ECM
-2001 Cobra Instrumental cluster
-4.6L GT Injector harness(do not remember from which year)
-Hydroboost
-Aluminum driveshaft
-Aluminum flywheel
-Brake pedal assembly
-complete twin turbo kit from eBay
-UPR K-Member
-ForScan for programming Keys
-Delta Force Sniper for tuning
-New Fuel tank and pump assembly
-Straight through exhaust system from eBay
-Aftermarket CAT

Unfortunately, I do not have pics of when I was building the engine or the Ford 9 inch. But I will certainly document and show pictures of twin turbo install when I start that phase of the project.

Attachments

• ford 9inch.jpg
    ford 9inch.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 80
  • K-member.jpg
    K-member.jpg
    1,018.2 KB · Views: 93
  • mustang pic2.jpg
    mustang pic2.jpg
    726.4 KB · Views: 76