2003 lincoln town car motor block same as the 2003 mustang gt

• Sponsors (?)

So it's a direct bolt in with my accessories and Intake and oil pan
I did NOT say that.

The LONG BLOCKS are the same.

There are DIFFERENCES between what is "bolted on" to the long block between the applications.

It will be necessary to resolve the differences between the set up. TONS of people have done it (myself included). The motor currently in my 2000 GT came from a 2003 Grand Marquis.

Examples of differences (but not limited to):
  • wiring harness
  • fuel injectors and fuel induction
  • oil pan
  • EGR
  • Upper air induction.
  • exhaust
  • front belt driven acc
  • ignition
The best advice I can give is put both motors on an engine stand and make the donor look like the original. The goal is to make the new motor look the same electrically to the PCM as the original. Take tons of pictures.

Last edited:
I did NOT say that.

The LONG BLOCKS are the same.

There are DIFFERENCES between what is "bolted on" to the long block between the applications.

It will be necessary to resolve the differences between the set up. TONS of people have done it (myself included). The motor currently in my 2000 GT came from a 2003 Grand Marquis.

Examples of differences (but not limited to):
  • wiring harness
  • fuel injectors and fuel induction
  • oil pan
  • EGR
  • Upper air induction.
  • exhaust
  • front belt driven acc
  • ignition
The best advice I can give is put both motors on an engine stand and make the donor look like the original. The goal is to make the new motor look the same electrically to the PCM as the original. Take tons of pictures.
thanks was just wondering if I could make it work

thanks was just wondering if I could make it work
I can't tell if your response is positive or negative. I can tell you that anyone that is capable of swapping a whole motor is capable of adapting an suitable "Panther class" long block for use in a Mustang GT.

This is a very cost effective swap and a great source for salvage yard motors.

Car-part.com is also a great source to check out.

Last edited: