2003 Mach 1 Turbocharged beauty and beast

Status
Not open for further replies.
The car is both beauty and beast at 470hp at the wheels and 480 lbs. of torque. It is only one of 834 Oxford White 2003 Mach 1's and with the addition of the turbo kit and suspension upgrades, it is one of a kind in the world. All work was professionally completed. The turbo kit was installed by Custom Performance of Charlotte, NC and custom tuned by Amazon Performance of Anderson, SC. Scott Hoag, chief project manager of the Mach 1 autographed my car at the Mustang 45th Anniversary show and commented, “This is the first turbocharged Mach 1 I have seen. Very nice!”
I have mostly showed the car, but I have enjoyed the occasional visit to Bristol Dragway (low 12's capable) as well as an autocross or two. She has won car shows but has alot of "go" in her!
Here is the list of mods and the short list of disclosed issues:
Features and mods:
35,5k miles
Upgraded exterior package
Custom "Mach 1" stitched headrests
5-speed manual (with factory recall completed)
Black aluminum louvers (can be removed at buyer's request)
281 ram-air hood decals
Turbocharger kit (Garrett T-76)
Wingcommander Wide-band unit
Spec 3 Plus clutch
Granatelli adjustable clutch cable
Pro-5 Shifter with Mach 1 shifter knob
Steeda 2-point strut brace
Tubular front end suspension
Tokico D adjustable shocks and struts
Maximum Motorsports caster camber plates
Vogtland springs (lowered 1.5”)
Magnapak cat-back system
Mac H-pipe
AFS 18” Mach 1 wheels with black inserts and aluminum Mustang center caps
MRT hood struts
Fore Precision side-vent covers
Included in the package will be:
Stock air-intake assembly and various stock items removed in upgrades
Schrarder back-seat delete kit ($200. value)
Pre-loaded SCT hand tuner

And the not-so-good:
Paint is 9 out of 10 (a few chips from driving the roads around here)
Small dent above driver's side rear fender well
One of the stock subframe connectors was bent when the previous owner tried to use it to jack the car up.
One of the 18” wheels was scuffed on the rim in shipment from AFS. (The AFS wheels are not the best in the world and are showing some signs of delamination (could be refinished)
I believe there is a hair-line crack in the driver’s side exhaust manifold, but it is not serious and can be spot welded.
The steering rack boots are damaged from the heat coming from the exhaust manifolds but are still intact. I have wrapped the manifolds and all hot pipes.
The polyurethane bushings in the front suspension "squeak" which is a common issue, but can be temporarily fixed with a spray lubricant.

I do have a car trailer and can deliver the car within 250 miles for additional funds.
Any questions can be directed to me at 828-337-1557 or email.
The car is listed locally and I reserve the right to end the listing at anytime.
Thank you for your interest and happy bidding!

BRMCANightwiththeToursits2009006.jpg

MVC-053S.jpg

turbolocation.jpg

DCP_0118.jpg

100_8546.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.