2003 mustang GT cranks but doesnt start

peste19

Jul 8, 2007
About half a year ago i was driving and my car started choking and it stopped on me, I had to call a tow and had it tow home. A few days later i tried to turn it on again and it started.

I then replaced the fuel filter and used seafoam to help clean up injectors, fuel lines etc.

Yesterday about half a mile from home, my car does the same behavior again, started choking and shut off on me.

I was suspecting it might be the fuel pump so i checked the fuel pressure with the Torque app and i have fuel pressure so that makes me think its not the fuel pump. If it was the pump, i would think i would have no pressure.

Any ideas what might be the culprit of this behavior?

thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

Any ideas what might be the culprit of this behavior?
You may not believe this but look at the battery, battery cables, and alternator.

Howto perform charging system voltage drop test

Regarding a possible fuel system problem, why guess? Test! Any problems with fuel flow will show up in the STFT and LTFT's as well as the fuel pressure.

ForScan ODB2 scanner w ELM327 USB

Easy way to check crank sensor is try to start car and watch the tach. If the tach is moving the crank sensor is working.
Another easy way is to look at the check engine light during cranking. When the key is on, the check engine light should be on. The check engine light should go out during cranking. This indicates the PCM is alive (at a basic level) and is receiving a CKP signal.