2005 AC quit working

horse sence

15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Wile Coyote's stunt double
Well ,the AC quit on my 2005 GT the other day ,checked the charge and it is good ,however ,the clutch will not activate.
When i got the car the low speed fan did not work ,turned out to be a burned wire in the block that attaches to the fuse box ,it actually melted the block and fried the low speed fan wire .
I fixed that and it worked great for 2 years now .
Drove it one day and it worked perfect ,got in it the very next day and no AC .
Same thing just happened to my brothers 2005 GT ,AC worked one day and nothing one day later. Its the same as mine ,it is charged but clutch will not activate.

• Sponsors (?)

Sometimes I hate trying to do this :poo: online... LoL

It appears that on the 2005-2010 that there are two switches:

One is between the accumulator and pump and it should be the low pressure switch.
There's another under the break booster and I understand that one is a [high pressure switch]?

I don't have one that can go outside and refer to anymore.

Maybe this will help?

1719437537435.png

1719437591295.png

1719437636630.png

I have one at the firewall just off the accumulator ,and i believe there is one under the top radiator hose . I am going to try to jump the relay to see if it will activate the clutch ,has to be electrical but it beats the hell out of me how both cars could do the same thing just a few days apart !

We both know that there are things that are [designed] to fail. This may be one of them? :shrug:

Look for the label, "Made of pure Chinesium". :D