2005 mustang gt i want to reduce the weight

One2One

Jul 14, 2009
Hinesville ga
so i want to take much of the weight possible off the car... but i want to keep the back seat cuz i hear is no worth it all the truble for 20 pounds that it weights,, so here is my question what other parts can i take from the so i can drop the most weight off?:jaw:

• Sponsors (?)

A lightweight driveshaft is a nice since it is rotating mass, some companies claim up to two tenths quicker in the quarter mile. I think steeda sells a lightweight radiator support. Light weight wheels tend to be expensive. BMR sells lighter A arms, some people like them a lot, some people tend to be concerned that they are for drag racing only and will not stand up to hard cornering. The stock front seats are pretty heavy, you could get some Corbeau seats. To shift some weight off the front end you could get a battery relocation kit.

Nautilus%20718%20Treadmill.jpg

A lightweight driveshaft is a nice since it is rotating mass, some companies claim up to two tenths quicker in the quarter mile. I think steeda sells a lightweight radiator support. Light weight wheels tend to be expensive. BMR sells lighter A arms, some people like them a lot, some people tend to be concerned that they are for drag racing only and will not stand up to hard cornering. The stock front seats are pretty heavy, you could get some Corbeau seats. To shift some weight off the front end you could get a battery relocation kit.
Without seriously gutting your car for DD duties, that's about the extent of it. You could go through and take out all the sound deadening material under the trim panels, remove the AC system, etc, but how far do you want to take this?

Like kool said, how far do you want to take it?

I have a Metro and there are tons of things you can do to lighten them up and affect the drag co-efficient etc.

I think the lightest I have read about recently was 1630lbs...not bad for a 1900 lb car...