2007/2008 NHL thread

sweeping.gif
OttawaSenators.gif


:banana:
 
hey did you see a guy named Darren Helm playing for the red wings? i was gonna tell you watch for that guy coming up through the system (he was in grand rapids in the AHL) my dad used to play hockey with his dad and my uncle coached him, he's a hell of a player! my uncle also coached Jonothan Toews. lotsa winnipeg players making a name for themselves haha
 
They also beat the Boston Bruins 8 times in the regular season, yet they still took them to 7 games. One thing that I believe about the postseason is that the regular season means nothing.

Aside from that it took the Canadiens 59 minutes and 31 seconds to tie up game one and get something going in OT. This leads me to believe that they may not be as good as they are percieved to be.
 
Go Flyers. UP 2-1 in the series, should be 3-0. Where are all you Habs fans at? They almost made it look easy until Derian Hatcher pwned some guy and got a well-deserved penalty. I've heard a lot about Carey Price and how good he is, but i'm not really seeing it.
 
:lol:

Its just a matter of time my friend. We hit 3 posts and 1 crossbar and consistantly dominated. How do you like Downie playing for 3 minutes but had 4 Minutes in penalties and sat in for the 5 minute major :rlaugh:

I've been against the removing of Heut since it happened. Price hasen't impressed me but then if you take a step back, he's only 20 years old. So what he is doing is incredible. He hasen't stolen a game for us yet, but I have a feeling its comming. I don't blame him for some of those goals, our D is contantly infront screening trying to block the shots.

With the way the game ended last night, I think the momentum has changed directions :nice:
 
I see what you mean, but I disagree with your momentum statement. You guys had the bar-none best powerplay in the league, I expect you to score at least 1 with that kind of man advantage time. But as for momentum I have to hand it to Philadelphia. We took a 2-1 lead in the series while already winning a game in your building. We could have won game 1 also but **** happens. This is going to be a good series, but I'm going to be a homer and say Flyers in 6, if we go back to Montreal for 7 it is going to be trouble.

As for Downie, it only took him < 3 minutes to get your whole team riled up and put your goalie on his head. :D
 
Definitly going to be a great series. But obviously we will cheer for our respective teams :nice:


BTW I was at Briere's first game here in Montreal, that was absolutely hillarious. Up there with Theodore's return as an Ave and after Avery made those stupid french comments :nice: