2007 5 speed hard shifting

• Sponsors (?)

My god I'm so sick of kilgores sarcastic a** mouth, if you don't know the f**k**g answer or point him in right direction shut up, I've noticed that some of the members are from another country and people like you make us look stupid and disrespectful. Now to the o/p speed shifting with a stock shifter greatly improves the damage rate to the internals, so that bein said try not speed shift with stock shifter and but an after market peice
Posted via Mobile Device

The 05+ clutch is hydraulic so ignore comments about adjustments/adjusters... It may be as simple as being in need of bleeding though it's unlikely to have such a problem with the hydraulics on a "new" car unless someone's been mucking around with it.

If the clutch hydraulics are okay then the fact that it's still a TR3650 trans makes the word "normal" come to mind. :|

The 05+ clutch is hydraulic so ignore comments about adjustments/adjusters... It may be as simple as being in need of bleeding though it's unlikely to have such a problem with the hydraulics on a "new" car unless someone's been mucking around with it.

If the clutch hydraulics are okay then the fact that it's still a TR3650 trans makes the word "normal" come to mind. :|
Interesting, I did not know that the 05+ cars used a hydraulic clutch setup!

That is the nice thing about StangNet you learn something new every day. Another nice thing is that no matter how many people try to spin opinion against you there are always people like GettinThere around. Thanks bro :nice:

Calm down brothers...

I'm sort of having the same problem. My car is starting to lock up in reverse after I'm parked and I'm not on a hill. A couple shifts are starting to act like they don't want to do it.

So let's start from there. Is this a clutch problem or a transmission problem?

Calm down brothers...

I'm sort of having the same problem. My car is starting to lock up in reverse after I'm parked and I'm not on a hill. A couple shifts are starting to act like they don't want to do it.

So let's start from there. Is this a clutch problem or a transmission problem?

Depends on whether your talking about him or you.

For him, as stated above: Check to make sure the hydrulic's don't need bled. If thats not the case then upgrade to an aftermarket shifter and stop powershifting till you have positive stops to save the rest of the second gear syncro as thats whats damaged.

For you, yours could very well just need some adjustment as you still have a cable and quadrant that can cause havoc.

Depends on whether your talking about him or you.

For him, as stated above: Check to make sure the hydrulic's don't need bled. If thats not the case then upgrade to an aftermarket shifter and stop powershifting till you have positive stops to save the rest of the second gear syncro as thats whats damaged.

For you, yours could very well just need some adjustment as you still have a cable and quadrant that can cause havoc.

The 2005+ cars trannies have internal stops, so no need to have stops built into the shifter.

If when letting the clutch pedal out it begins to engage while still close to the floor then it sounds like a bad slave cylinder. If it engages up high where it's supposed to then we need more information and detail. These hydraulic systems do a fairly good job of self bleeding. If there's air in the system at all it's do to a bad component most likely the slave.

Mine has always been resistant to go into first and reverse. I've read changing to Royal Purple fluid helps alot but have not mad the switch yet.
Never shift into first above 15 m.p.h..
To shift into reverse, you must come from left of neutral.
This is stated in the manual.

For anyone having the same problem as described this is how it worked out. I picked up a used 07 for a good price seemed to run good and had no problems engine wise but the shifting seemed a lil hard or rough . This was my first manual trans so didn't know what to expect or how it should feel . Anyway as I drove the car more and more it seemed difficult to get the gears all the way into position or always felt like metal rubbing . Or felt like two motions to get all the way into gear. During cold mornings getting into gear was a beach but after a short struggle it was okay . About 50/50 hard shifting vs fairly good shifting . After warmed up it got better. What I did was drain and fill the trans with mobile 1 ATF no real difference plus fluid was red with no metal . Second I tried renewing as much break/clutch fluid as possible just to get new fluid in the lines. It was pretty dark at the time but it cleared up after Bleeding the breaks. Bleeding the breaks works to get new fluid but it's not the same as bleeding clutch . Yet there were still no real results . The final thing I did was change the rear diff oil with Royal purple 90w-140 and as a friend drove the car off the lift around front he noticed the clutch wasn't disengaging all the way so he pulled it up with his foot since then the gears fall into place almost like butter . I think what happen was the very old dot fluid that was in the lines lost all the pressure and wasn't fully disengaging the clutch but once it was pulled all the way out the new dot 4 cleared it up . Just a thought cuz I was going crazy looking all over the Internet for the answer.