2007 GT. Replacing Front Lower Control Arms.

I’m getting ready to upgrade my 2007 GT’s front arms to the ones sold by Ford Performance Racing. They are direct fit for all 05-10 model years, originally for the GT500. The arms come without new fasteners/bolts. Would you recommend I order new bolts from FoMoCo, or reuse the old ones? The car is about 11 years old with 105k miles. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Ok, thanks for the reply boss. I’m about halfway into the job. Having a hard time getting the steering rack bolts loose. Hard to reach and even harder to get leverage. Definitely can’t get the air wrench back there. I haven’t taken the torch to the bolts yet. Do you think it would make a difference?

Ha. Funny you should mention that. I ended up doing just that. Took the tie rod ends off the spindle. Control arms are now in, but now I created a new problem. Tie rods won’t go back in. When i go to spin the nut, the bolt spins with. Tried c clamping it, loaded it with the floor jack...no luck.

Attachments

• 1566F034-F195-4C78-BC9A-BDCB95A18F84.jpeg
    1566F034-F195-4C78-BC9A-BDCB95A18F84.jpeg
    294.7 KB · Views: 167
That's always a problem. I can't remember- is there a hex on the head of the tie rod end stud? Or, do you have access to an impact to see if you can zip it on there?

You may just have to figure out some way to put a load on it to bind the stud a little- maybe jack up from the bottom of the control arm and turn the wheel a little, I'm not sure what's the best way to do that. I suppose if all else fails maybe a little loctite inside the tie rod end can help hold it in place to get the nut on.

Tried the impact wrench. No such luck. The thing spins freely no matter what. I even loaded it with the floor jack underneath the actual tie rod. No luck. If I can just get the nut threaded down enough to expose the top of the stud then I can take a second 12 point box wrench and double wrench it. One on the stud and another on the bolt. As of right now I can’t get that far even. Just fishing in the dark at this point!