2008 Shelby GT-C Mustang -- Overpriced?

• Sponsors (?)

Well, consider the sticker on the GT500 is less, I would say it's overpriced. I like the color combo, but I'd rather buy my own GT and make the same thing for about $36k.

overpriced is an understatement, considering you could get a supercharged roush or a saleen for that money. people are paying for the Shelby name on the GT cars. the GT is nothing more than what you can have your dealer install, keep the warranty and spend a whole lot less money

And most of you didn't realize that there are very expensive brakes and rims on that car- mods from Shelby in Vegas..

Our particular test car, which originally rolled off of its Flat Rock, Michigan, assembly line as a $32,510 GT Premium, became a finished product in Sin City, receiving $4190 Baer brakes, $2475 AR wheels with Pirelli tires, and the $8500 GT-C package. Tack on $1000 for guzzling gas, and the Shelby leaves the checkout line at $48,675. In addition to the obvious cosmetic changes, the GT-C package incorporates a Ford Racing Handling Package-dampers, lowering springs, anti-roll bars, and a strut-tower brace-an X-pipe exhaust, a 3:55 axle ratio, a Hurst short-throw shifter, and a Ford Racing Power Upgrade Package that contains a 90mm cold-air intake, performance mufflers, and an engine-management performance calibration.

:nonono:

Oh..****..thats right the brakes!! I forgot..Now its worth $49,000...LOL..lets get serious poeple..Im not bashing Shelby GT owners, well maybe a little, But A Shelby GT owner CANT comment that the GT500 sucks and is over priced..Thats just stupid..All Mustangs are great..I personally choose to make mine how I want it for alot less money, and a lot faster..I just think the fit and finish should be flawless for what everyone spent on their Shelby GT's..thats all..I guess im a little OCD when it comes to fit and finish..

Oh..****..thats right the brakes!! I forgot..Now its worth $49,000...LOL..lets get serious poeple..Im not bashing Shelby GT owners, well maybe a little, But A Shelby GT owner CANT comment that the GT500 sucks and is over priced..Thats just stupid..All Mustangs are great..I personally choose to make mine how I want it for alot less money, and a lot faster..I just think the fit and finish should be flawless for what everyone spent on their Shelby GT's..thats all..I guess im a little OCD when it comes to fit and finish..

I think there may have been one SGT owner commenting about the GT500 in that other post.

I personally think the GT500's are awesome. BUT- I don't need 500 hp on a daily basis, and the 500's look horrible without being lowered, plus the stocker rims are ugly.

If you buy an SGT and supercharge it, you've got the best of both worlds- small block weight with GT500 horsepower.

Also, the SGT's are the ones that have gone through the Shelby factory. :nice:

Fit and finish on my SGT is great. For the record, I got a SGT because it makes a great fair-weathered daily driver. My household has three GT500's (white, red, black) and a KR on order. We stopped playing with base GT's when the Shelbys came out.

Cheers,

Personally I feel like the Bullitt has comparable numbers for 10k less? So what do you all think, worth it or overpriced???

2008 Shelby GT-C Mustang

They are comparable in numbers... but I guess it's a prestige thing. Shelby can up their price tags because of just that... it's a Shelby.

I would go with the Bullitt myself... but you can never go wrong with a Shelby.

I would never buy either of those SPECIFIC cars (the Roush or Saleen) for the sole reason I think the color schemes are horrible. Silver with blue stripes just doesn't do it for me at all, and the off center stripe is not my style either. Give it a new paint job then we'll talk! $45k for the Saleen seems like a pretty amazing deal. Saleen no longer seems to list pricing, but if I remember correctly, weren't the supercharged versions closer to $60k MSRP?

Any idea why the Roush 428R is RoushCharged but only 435 hp? Their s/c system is supposed to be 445 hp if you add it to a regular GT.

Someone needs to take the pen out of Carrol Shelby's hand. It would seem he is just puting his name on everything so Ford can jack the price...... Yeah SGT's are nice and so are these new things, but seriously........ Common' man. Pretty soon there is going to be a Super Deluxe GT500 C/S w/ the "knight rider" package and its going to be $100k.... But its a shelby so thats ok? :notnice: