2009 Mustang California Edition questions

Hello
Just picked up my first S-197 a California Edition convertible that was wrecked with 138k miles. I am replacing body parts and plan to finish it in time to enjoy the rest of the summer in.
First off what are some of the main issues with the drivetrain and body? I have had a few 4.6L 3v in Explorers where they break off exhaust studs and warp manifolds but don't know of any other issues.
I have to replace the drive side front suspension. Is the suspension just a GT suspension or is there any CS spec springs or strut/shock valving? I was looking at the Ford GT500 replacement control arms are they worth the extra dough vs stock or aftermarket replacements? What about the Ford HD strut mounts? If I need to replace the strut should I replace the pair with new aftermarket? If so which brand for keeping the suspension soft for our local horrible street quality?
I eventually would like 400+rwhp and was planning on force inducation next year if I still have it but in the meanwhile is CAI, tune and exhaust worth any meaningful improvement or should I just wait for the power adder?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)