2010 Camaro

So, let me get this straight, they're going to offer a 556 HP Camaro for less than a Corvette? Give me a break. And why is a company running on tax payer money devoting time and money into a project like this? I understand having the Camaro, but geez if you GM guys want to go that fast for your money just buy a Corvette and call it a day, it'll weigh 1000lbs less and handle far better. Oh, and good luck getting it lighter. If they spend too much money making it lighter they'll just put it into Corvette price range, which I already see happening anyways.

I'll buy the Corvette. The base price on them is about $46k. It'll have over 430 hp, it'll weigh 1000 lbs less, handle MUCH better, and it'll actually look good!

Yeah, I'll go put in my order for a brand new $50k Camaro right now! :rolleyes:

• Sponsors (?)

So, let me get this straight, they're going to offer a 556 HP Camaro for less than a Corvette? Give me a break. And why is a company running on tax payer money devoting time and money into a project like this?

If this is the same setup as the Caddy CTS-V, then the homework has already been done. It's just a matter of building a few in the camaro. Actually, it's a damn good idea to start up selling the maro. The mustang crowd had it's fair share of suckers paying WAY WAY over sticker for shelby's. Problem is, the Z28 will likely cost north of $45k. And that's vette money right there. Like what Top said, I'll take my vette in white then.

If this is the same setup as the Caddy CTS-V, then the homework has already been done. It's just a matter of building a few in the camaro. Actually, it's a damn good idea to start up selling the maro. The mustang crowd had it's fair share of suckers paying WAY WAY over sticker for shelby's. Problem is, the Z28 will likely cost north of $45k. And that's vette money right there. Like what Top said, I'll take my vette in white then.

Ya wanna know what's scary is the fact that even though this Camaro weighs 3900 lbs and won't touch one, a 556 hp Z28 will be making 51 more hp than the Z06, a car that I would give both my nuts for.

There's just something wrong about a world class performer like the Corvette Z06 making less horsepower than a Camaro Z28. In fact, 556 hp would hand the Z28 a higher horsepower level than a Porsche GT2 and Ferrari's F-430 replacement! :eek:

...And it's all just too damned bad it'll be in a car weighing two tons. :nonono:

Still doesn't matter. The weight and the frame off the C6 Z06 is something the camaro could never dream about. The Z06 would still walk circles around the Z28 and laugh while doing so. I think the Z06 is just in a whole different playing field. I would rather compare the base C6 to a Z28...and I'd still rather take the C6.

There still not going to make a car that compete's with the Vette. It would just be stupid on there part price and power would be way to close for it to be true.

Are you talking about Ford? Ford GT. Priced way way over the Z06.

You so totally missed the point, man. :)

I understood it. You're acting like it's better just because it has more hp, I get your point from previous posts, but as you've said the weight is a pretty big factor in today's cars. I think they are just trying to get the camaro off the ground as fast as possible.

I understood it. You're acting like it's better just because it has more hp, I get your point from previous posts, but as you've said the weight is a pretty big factor in today's cars. I think they are just trying to get the camaro off the ground as fast as possible.

I'm not going to argue with whether you understood what I was saying (you didn't). As far as being better because it has more horsepower, no.

What you have is a case of what's going to be a $48k car making more power than an $80k car. Horsepower is a status symbol. The Corvette is GM's status symbol. Not only is the Z06 a Corvette, but it's also a "high-performance" Corvette, if that's what you want to call it. ALL of the "high-performance" Corvettes should be making more power than a mediocre car with a hot engine. The C6R is based off of the Z06. The Z06 is basically a street version of the C6R. The Z06 should have received this 556 hp engine, while the Z06's current 505 hp engine should have found its way into the Z28.

I'm not going to argue with whether you understood what I was saying (you didn't). As far as being better because it has more horsepower, no.

What you have is a case of what's going to be a $48k car making more power than an $80k car. Horsepower is a status symbol. The Corvette is GM's status symbol. Not only is the Z06 a Corvette, but it's also a "high-performance" Corvette, if that's what you want to call it. ALL of the "high-performance" Corvettes should be making more power than a mediocre car with a hot engine. The C6R is based off of the Z06. The Z06 is basically a street version of the C6R. The Z06 should have received this 556 hp engine, while the Z06's current 505 hp engine should have found its way into the Z28.

Sorry bud, you're not quite right on that one. The ZR1 is the current flagship of the Vette. Not to mention another gap soon to be filled by the reincarnation of the Grand Sport. if you're worried about status and HP, then there you go. About 630ish hp. Top of the line maro vs top of the line vette. Price isn't a factor to some people. Obviously to you and I it is. GM is just going to cash in on anyone they can, and they think they have an opportunity. You get it?

Sorry bud, you're not quite right on that one. The ZR1 is the current flagship of the Vette. Not to mention another gap soon to be filled by the reincarnation of the Grand Sport. if you're worried about status and HP, then there you go. About 630ish hp. Top of the line maro vs top of the line vette. Price isn't a factor to some people. Obviously to you and I it is. GM is just going to cash in on anyone they can, and they think they have an opportunity. You get it?

I don't think you get it. You just totally over-ran 3rd base. We'll just move on. Mmmkay?

I don't think you get it. You just totally over-ran 3rd base. We'll just move on. Mmmkay?

I get both points, but I have to say that no Camaro should have more HP than a Corvette in the same MY. Doesn't matter if the Vette is actually faster and handles better, HP sells, and this is GM just asking to cut into Corvette sales when you start putting out a Camaro with 556 HP that's probably going to cost about the same as a base C6.

I get both points, but I have to say that no Camaro should have more HP than a Corvette in the same MY. Doesn't matter if the Vette is actually faster and handles better, HP sells, and this is GM just asking to cut into Corvette sales when you start putting out a Camaro with 556 HP that's probably going to cost about the same as a base C6.

Yes, you certainly do get both points! :nice:

No I was talking about the possible Z-28 and how it would be stupid for them to compete against the base model Vette in price and power. Although I would love to see a new Ford GT, and it might be more exspensive but the interior make's up for that IMO.

And if GM does'nt make the same mistake Ford did with the GT500(not wide enough tire's) then it would easily out run a base Vette at least in the straight's.

Dunno....Corvette Fans will buy Corvettes , same with the Camaro...as a matter of fact alot of them are the same...which I think GM gets....Both were nearly the same for so long. The Camaro needs a boost...a .. symbol, and that symbol will be the Z/28. I promise you the Vette will not suffer from the Z/28 or its 556hp LSA Engine.

The Zo6 would absolutly embarass the CTS-V and Z/28....the Zo6 is a true road course star, compare only the best made german and italian thrashers to it in regards to performance....interior is another story. GMs flag ship as already stated is the ZR1, which outperformed all the best exotics outthere.....please dont even mention the 2.5 million dollar Buggatti...which by the way cost 5 million to make.... Volkswagon just wanted to prove they could do it lol...sheeesh.

Anyway I cant wait to see the Z/28...I dont see how 47k is crazy when its directly aimed at the GT500 !!

Camaro Vs Mustang......not Camaro vs Corvette..

Ok. If you're done then.

Look back and tell me that GM has never offered a motor in the Camaro that has more HP than the base vette. Come on. These are 2 different playing fields. Go over to any vette forum and see if you can find anyone willing to trade their vette in on a new z28. Few and Far-fetched to say the least. These are 2 different markets. Vette owners are diehard vette owners. My dad is in that group and it seems no pony car will ever measure up to the supercars. And I'd say that would be a good race, though I'll put my money on the base vette winning over the z28. Still a good race.

Ok. If you're done then.

Look back and tell me that GM has never offered a motor in the Camaro that has more HP than the base vette. Come on. These are 2 different playing fields. Go over to any vette forum and see if you can find anyone willing to trade their vette in on a new z28. Few and Far-fetched to say the least. These are 2 different markets. Vette owners are diehard vette owners. My dad is in that group and it seems no pony car will ever measure up to the supercars. And I'd say that would be a good race, though I'll put my money on the base vette winning over the z28. Still a good race.

Ok. Whatever you say. You missed my point (twice). I'm tired of trying to explain myself. Whatever you say.