2010 Camaro

No I was talking about the possible Z-28 and how it would be stupid for them to compete against the base model Vette in price and power. Although I would love to see a new Ford GT, and it might be more exspensive but the interior make's up for that IMO.

And if GM does'nt make the same mistake Ford did with the GT500(not wide enough tire's) then it would easily out run a base Vette at least in the straight's.

I think Ford should leave the GT where it is, and move forward with a throw-back to the '65 Daytona Coupes.

• Sponsors (?)

Ok. If you're done then.

Look back and tell me that GM has never offered a motor in the Camaro that has more HP than the base vette. Come on. These are 2 different playing fields. Go over to any vette forum and see if you can find anyone willing to trade their vette in on a new z28. Few and Far-fetched to say the least. These are 2 different markets. Vette owners are diehard vette owners. My dad is in that group and it seems no pony car will ever measure up to the supercars. And I'd say that would be a good race, though I'll put my money on the base vette winning over the z28. Still a good race.

All I have to say is this - The Corvette deserves the 556 HP motor for Z06, leave the 505 for the Z28 and base C6. You're talking about die hard fans when the general public could care less. The consumer is the big factor here, and 90% of buyers don't really know what they're doing, they're just doing it because they have the money to spend. I'd be pissed if I bought a brand new Corvette and some stinking Camaro for the same price had about 130 more HP. :bs: In a straight line those Camaro's with very minor if any mods will outrun that Corvette, and that is all most people care about these days.

Who asked you to think? j/k:) Really I would love to have a new GT and I would take it over a Vette any day. The Daytona is cool but it's not for me, at least that one was'nt.

The GT was a hot car, but it was too big. It needed to be smaller like the size of a Corvette C6. Despite the technological advantages that the GT had, it still couldn't hand a Z06 its ass. Tghat additional 300 lbs made a big difference.

IMO, the GT is the hottest looking domestic car of the decade, and while it was an good performer, I still think it could have been just a little bit better.

The GT was a hot car, but it was too big. It needed to be smaller like the size of a Corvette C6. Despite the technological advantages that the GT had, it still couldn't hand a Z06 its ass. Tghat additional 300 lbs made a big difference.

IMO, the GT is the hottest looking domestic car of the decade, and while it was an good performer, I still think it could have been just a little bit better.

I wish Ford would have treated it like the best car of the decade..... The 5.4 SC motor was plenty.....though Ford should have had a specialty motor built to compliment the Ford GT...maybe a 6.2 SC motor or something, something that only the Ford GT gets, something along the lines of the LS7..which ONLY the Zo6 gets.

If I'm correct, it's a different blower, different internals, different heads, different tune....block may be the same but that would be about it. someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah they did heavily modify it, my point being is that the Ford GT should have had its own engine...as far as the internals go im not sure...I know It still used an Eaton Supercharger and bumped the Boost up.

Car should have had its own engine....not something handed down to it from another vehicle. Either way you look at it..its a 5.4SC engine, and everyone including "Top Gear" referenced the SVT Lightning as its powersource.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfz9Jb5ExKo

I wish Ford would have treated it like the best car of the decade..... The 5.4 SC motor was plenty.....though Ford should have had a specialty motor built to compliment the Ford GT...maybe a 6.2 SC motor or something, something that only the Ford GT gets, something along the lines of the LS7..which ONLY the Zo6 gets.

Its probably only a matter of time before the ls7 finds its way into some other gm vehicle.

Actually the new vettes interior is nice......They just get hammered because they get compared to Ferraris and Aston Martins because of performance lol.....

If the Corvette tried to mimmick the interior in those cars...you would see a 40k markup for sure !!!! GM says ehhhh....we'll just let you look pretty while getting your ass smacked :)

If you are refering to the 2010 then I dont know, however the 09's or earlier are the same basic thing in a Cobalt and you cant tell me for the price you pay you could'nt get something a bit better. I mean even the new Camaro's interior out classes the Vette's.