2010 Mustang V6 Premium Worth To Buy?

Newyorker1988

May 7, 2015
I am from nyc and do not have a garage at home. This is why i do not want to get a new 14, 15. Right now I am thinking about buying a mustang 2010 V6 premium candy red metallic, shaker 500, black leather, no navi and sunroof 41k, carfax shows 1 owner owned and its from Delaware auto transmission for $16000, after tax and doc fees should up to $18200. On kbb is a few hundreds below the market value and i have notice a lot of 2010s already have 3 owners and some type of accidents. Do you guys think its worth it. I already test drive it and a 2011 v6 as well. From the best of my knowledge everything looked great under the hood, except some rust on the exhaust manifold, other than that it looks like new. I know everyone says 2011 might have a little better acceleration when it gets to about 5k rpm, other than that it felt slower than my 01 maxima auto. I am not trying to race anybody and its just a daily car to work. I am more into reliability and comfort than speed and of course the appearance of the mustang. I notice 2011s V6 already have recalls on their transmission while 2010s have the least complaints such as paint, some minor electrical issues and manuel transmission problems, etc. Thank you guys and I appreciate all of your advices.

• Sponsors (?)

Is this from a dealership or private party?

If you drove the car and enjoy it, then get it. With that said, price seems a tad on the high side, Start your negotiations at $14K, but don't go over $16K. Be prepared to walk. There are other fish in the sea.

One owner is always a nice, but I wouldn't let it be the sticking point on the price. At the end of the day, the car is the car and the worth is driven by market value, not how many previous owners.

One more thing to consider. You say you're from NYC?
I take it your Maxima was FWD. This car is going to be RWD and horrible in the snow. Trust me on this.
Because of that, you're going to have to factor a set snow tires as well. It's easier to mount the snow tires on beater steel wheels, so all you have to do change out the tires in the spring. Factor that into your cost as well. Gas mileage probably won't be as good as your maxima too. (4 Snow Tires + 4 Steel Wheels, mounted, balanced = $1500).

It's nice weather now... but think back to when there was 4' of snow on the ground!

Hey Paul,

Yes it is from a Nissan NJ Dealer, they purchased it through an auction about a good 4 months. Somehow the price was really $18xxx and 16000 is the internet price. The reason why it is higher than most 2010 is the mileage. The sales man was pretty firm with the price, he said the best he could do was like a $100 discount. According to NJ DMV law has no restriction on the document fees. From what I searched over the internet, average about $400. I know NY fees is about $75 max. So this is the cost of the car price 15990 + registration & title fee $400 (non-tax) + $400 document fee x 8.89% tax. Maybe I can get a $100-$150 lower on the document fee. Yes, I do know about the NY winter. Even with my maxima when the snow is over 2", I will just park it and take public transportation if I needed to. And Yes, I did thought about getting some Firestone winter tires and I have no problem changing it myself and doing the basic maintenance. I know its not a good investment to get rwd in the NorthEast, but that's the consequences to own a Mustang. This is something I always wanted and i really do like the new design from 2010-2014 and its a 5 years old car, now its the time to make the move. Anyway Paul, thank you for all the advises.

Well, sounds like you really want the car. I'd say go for it. The internet price is just to get you through the door... I would still try to negotiate, but if you're happy and you think that's fair, then it's fair. That's all that counts at the end of the day! Let us know how it works out and post some pics!

Yes, I think I will try my best to get it down to $15000. Maybe I will try to convince them to give me a military discount even thought they are a nissan dealer. The truth is its really hard to find this color in this year around my area and it is still in good condition. Last month or march saw a 2012 with a little bit over 60k on it cost about 18000 and within 3 weeks it was gone. I will definitely keep this update and post some pics. Thank you again Paul.

Maybe I will try to convince them to give me a military discount even thought they are a nissan dealer

Last I checked we're allies with Japan... LOL... :) I don't think that will be an issue. Tell him you're a college grad too! When my Dad was 70 and purchasing a new car, he told them he was a BU grad (which he was) as a joke, so they gave him a student discount!

I checked around up here and their price seems commensurate. At the end of the day you know they need to make money, but not too much off of you!

Thanks for your service! I too spent some years in blue as well.

Good luck!

Last I checked we're allies with Japan... LOL... :) I don't think that will be an issue. Tell him you're a college grad too! When my Dad was 70 and purchasing a new car, he told them he was a BU grad (which he was) as a joke, so they gave him a student discount!

I checked around up here and their price seems commensurate. At the end of the day you know they need to make money, but not too much off of you!

Thanks for your service! I too spent some years in blue as well.

Good luck!
Hey Paul thank you for your support. I am guessing you were a seaman? Thank you for your service too!

YES SIR Japan is our allies, but the truth is we "made" them to be our allies lol. Unfortnately I am still working on my college degree. Hey it never hurts to try. Another reason I want to get a mustang is that its an American car and felt that Ford had stepped up their game lately.