2010 - something loose/shaking under hood?

allcarfan

The Answer Man
Founding Member
Apr 8, 2001
North Atlanta
At 55mph+, we get a rattle/shake noise from under the hood on the driver's side. Its really annoying. Almost sounds like some loose hose or plastic vibrating or shaking. Its loud enough for my wife and I to hear it over the magnaflow exhaust.

I checked all of my aftermarket parts to make sure everything was tight and they are. Anyone else have a noise coming from under the hood on the driver's side at speed?

• Sponsors (?)

i noticed this on my 2010.Found that my plastic cover underneath was rattling,was loose from when I changed my oil.I dont like the cover that has to be removed everytime I change my oil.Reach under the front of your car and tap on it and see if its loose.Hope this helps

thats what I was thinking of checking. I had to remove that piece when I put on my roush kit. Maybe it worked its way loose. Thanks for the response.

It sounds like it is coming from the driver's side though.

Looks like the tech that did my wife's oil change (it was free at the dealership), stripped one of the bolts for the plastic louvered piece under the car. Its worked itself out and cannot be tightened or loosened. Back to the dealership