2011 gt radio noise

chriszn13

May 6, 2019
San Diego
Hello. I recently installed speakers and an aftermarket amp for the door subs and speakers. I've recently noticed an annoying high pitched noise coming from the speakers. It's very faint and It sounds like when your ears are ringing. I disconnected the power line going to the amp and noise is still there but a little less audible. I disconnected the radio fuse and noise went away. Could it be the radio ground? Where is that located? I've double checked speaker connections and everything is good. Any help would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

I got and wired a noise filter to the headunit power and ground and that didnt work. I even ran the amps ground and the head units ground straight to the battery and that didnt work. Could it be the head unit itself? Maybe something internally went bad ?

One more thing to add if it helps trouble shoot. Before I changed anything I always had a little white noise through the speakers and some kind of faint rumbling noise through the doors subs when not playing anything and the volume all the way down.

Is your antenna grounded and plugged all the way in? Sometimes, if the antenna isn't grounded, it can generate white noise. The head unit uses the antenna ground as part of the output/amp ground.