2012 GT 5.0 Dyno Results

ribmaster05

Apr 19, 2011
Katy, TX
I took my car to Bumberas Speed Shop and had 3 pulls on their Mustang Dyno.
2012 GT/CS 5.0
GT 500 axleback mufflers
Airaid CAI
3:31 Gears
Bama Tuner running 93-Race for the top 2 pulls
93-Performance tune for the third pull
410 HP max @ 375 ft-lbs torque Race tune
400 HP avg @ 372 ft-lbs
385 HP max @ 354 ft-lbs Performance tune
All pulls in 4th with 7,000 rpm redline rpm.
If you figure 15% for loss in the driveline that would be 472 HP max or 460 average.

I did not get a baseline but considering these numbers on a Mustang Dyno, I am very pleased.

Attachments

• Dyno.jpg
    Dyno.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 215
  • Sponsors (?)

Those are great numbers, OP!
Thanks for posting them up!:nice:

The afr is posted at the bottom of the chart which shows 19.3 to 19.4 for the race tune and 19.0 for the performance tune. Measured at the OBDII port.

that a/f is not accurate, you would have hurt the motor had it been actually running that lean. ideal a/f for these motors to make safe reliable power is 12.2-12.5

^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You need to call that shop and ask how accurate that is. I have NEVER seen an AFR that lean:jaw: and there is no way it can be accurate. If it were, you would have run so lean, MAJOR problems would have occurred on the dyno.

Great numbers, otherwise!

Please PM me about that AFR. If it's accurate, we need to examine your tune immediately!

Yea, those numbers look great!

I'm glad to hear that the AFR you posted was not accurate, I was very :eek: if it was!

Next time, you might notice more gains if you run in 5th gear, instead of 4th, but otherwise it looks great!

I would try and get back on the dyno to datalog the car, just to confirm everything is in tip-top shape!

Thanks again for getting back to me about the AFR! :nice: