2012 GT Exhaust Opinions. Magnaflow or Roush?

Black331Stang

Apr 29, 2003
Long Island, NY
Hey sorry for second post so soon but couldnt edit the title.

Im looking for a very loud set up that will eventually be matched with an Offroad X pipe. What do you guys think,the Magnaflow Competition or the Roush Axlebacks??

And how do the resonators work on the new stangs? will the axleback remove them or the X pipe or they need to be cut out? Sorry, im new to the newer age mustangs lol

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Have the axle backs made locally. Remove the muffler from your pipe connecting it to the current mid pipe. Then, have the shop weld in some 4" x 18" chrome tips with a short pipe to connect to the stock system. Loudest I have heard, cheap, and look good. Cold starts would wake the neighbors a block away. I did this on my '07 Vert....loved it and cost me $80 at the time. The cat back will remove the resonators. Deep rumble, bit if a gurgle when down shifting, loud the rest of the time. I found no drone....or the noise drowned it out...lol

I did grow tired of the loud and this time went with GT500 mufflers and will soon have the resonators removed.

I like my Roush axle backs. Cost me approx $400 shipped from Late Model Restoration Supply. The mufflers on the Roush are fairly small, so they don't cut the noise as much as you would think. It's as loud as anyone needs. Any louder and it will wake the dead when accelerating! The welded spliced approach would work, but the welds will rust sooner than a stainless bolt on Roush axle back. If you add a offroad x-pipe once you lose some hearing, the Roush would be even louder! Keep in mind, though too loud makes it hard to talk to your girl while you are driving, LOL!

So if I got with a Roush Axleback and not a catback the resonators will still be in place? How can hey be removed? Cut and weld pipe in place of them? If thats the case I'd rather go with a full catback.

So far no ones mentioned the magnaflows....hm