Drivetrain 2014 Mustang v6 Performance package Is this part stock?

ZoroBK

Nov 8, 2018
Spokane, WA
Hello everybody, how are you guys doing?

let me give you guys a background...

I have recently bought a 2014 Mustang v6 performance package (manual transmission) with 28k miles.
My shifts from 1st to 2nd are extremely rough. Whenever I am turning left and shifting from 1st to 2nd I can feel the gears "bite" into each other (clunky). Sometimes it happens when I go straight too.
Since i did not know what to do, i took it to ford since my drivetrain should be under warranty. I have never been so wrong....
I paid 150 bucks for the tranny tech at Ford to lift my car, and tell me that the problem is being caused by an "aftermarket Shifter bracket". He claimed that such bracket is raising the shifter slightly which is what is causing all of my problems. I was told that replacing the part with an OEM part would address my issues...
He then told me that the OEM bracket would cost 260 dollars + 240 for labor + tax, which made me extremely upset since the bracket itself costs around 80 dollars, and all you need to do is remove 2 nuts from underneath the car.
I asked for further explanation, and they could not tell me anything about it. I asked them if they could show me what part costs 260 dollars, and the tech had no interest in showing me or explaining it to me.
I then decided to get under the car to see if there was anything visibly wrong, and i found this part which i have never seen before.

So here goes my question...

Is that yellow bracket (where the pink arrow is pointing at) an aftermarket part? Or is that an OEM part?

I can see that the rear shifter bracket is one of those Barton 2 post bracket (green arrow). I believe that this is what the technician was going to replace for 540 dollars.
Since i do not want to pay them all that much, I was thinking about replacing it myself, since it is very easy.

Have you guys ever had such a problem? Is that yellow part aftermarket, or just the barton bracket?

Thank you very much for your help, sorry about my English.

20181108_120951.jpg

• Sponsors (?)