Progress Thread 2015 Gt 5.0... Best Mods

Fastime331

Founding Member
Dec 23, 2001
St. Petersburg Fl.
After selling my 1992 LX Coupe back in 2003 and have been waiting for just this type of Mustang to return.

Just ordered a fully loaded, 50 Years, Ingot Silver, 2015 GT Premium, w/GT Performance pack and Manual trans. There's an 8-12 week wait time until it arrives and I've already been researching the best bolt-on mods.

So far it looks like american muscle has a pretty good selection. Anybody deal with them?
2015 Mustang Parts for EcoBoost, GT & V6 | AmericanMuscle | Free Shipping

Right now I'm thinking of the following mods and looking for feedback:

JLT intake and Bama Performancetuner
Mustang Cold Air Intake & BAMA X4 Tuner (2015 GT) - Free Shipping

Kooks 1 7/8 Catted headers
Kooks Mustang Long Tube Catted Headers - 1-7/8 in 1151H420 (2015 GT) - Free Shipping

Kooks 3" catback with X-pipe
Kooks Mustang Catback Exhaust w/ X-Pipe - Fastback 11515100 (2015 GT w/ Kooks Headers) - Free Shipping

JLT Oil seperator
JLT Black Mustang Oil Separator JLTOSP-FMG11-B (11-15 GT; 12-13 BOSS) - Free Shipping

So far the kooks exhaust seems to be making pretty good power and it reminds me of the way my 1992 sounded with AFR 185 heads, cam, intake and long tube headers/full exhaust.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c00NFoSrNwA

• Sponsors (?)

The Kooks headers and exhaust have worked well for many people, I doubt you will have any trouble with it whatsoever. The oil seperator is a good idea as well but I would look towards UPR as I feel their kit is much higher quality and the fit and finish is superior. I know a lot of people have raved over the Air Raid intake but I have no personal experience with it, you will be fine with whatever intake you choose. As far as the tune goes, @SilverS550 can vouch when I say that BAMA or any other out of the box tune for the mass market is not going to maximize your performance. I would look towards a custom tune from a reputable shop, a lot of shops will even remote tune your car over email by simply sending data logs back and forth (this is easier than it sounds) John Lund would be my recommendation for this.

Congrats on the New Car and Welcome Back!