2019 Mustang GT 6 Speed Manual/rev match - Perf Pack 1 401A

I've got about 450 miles on this brand new Mustang GT. A couple things I've noticed about the clutch and transmission. The transmission/drive train just feels awfully lose. By that, when going from first to second on clutch off clutch the transmission just seems to chatter a lot. That feeling is under moderate acceleration. If I quickly go first to second at low RPM the chattering is not as prevalent. Likewise if I accelerate hard and wind it up to about 6500 at shift the chatter is not obviously noticeable. Is this normal in the MT-82?

• Sponsors (?)

Wow all weekend went by and no replies? I guess I have a problem then if no one thinks this is normal. I swear, no matter how easy I release the clutch, I cannot keep the transmission from "slapping" as I want to call it. My first car was a 1985 Mustang GT Fox body. I remember to this day that 5 speed was as smooth as silk. I am kinda bummed this 51K 2019 Mustang has such a crappy 6 speed! I'm going back to the dealer and drive another one to compare.

Same noise here, sloppy drive train. I took it to Ford and was told "they were all pretty clunky" When is asked if they considered it "in spec" they said yes it was. Honestly I don't think they even put it on a lift and looked at it. Most of mine is in the differential, I know it's not right but rather than have it re-shimmed I was going to do a 9" swap(which I never got around to). Can't see putting money into a diff that can't handle the task at hand. Carbon fiber driveshaft helped immensely, quieted most of the noise and make the clunk livable. Trading the car in when my ordered A10 car arrives so now she's in tear down mode.

Mine only started this after installing fat sticky slicks and practicing hole shots. Suspension was optimized and drag springs. The super 8.8 Torsen just couldn't take it. People on my other forum are installing Eaton Tru Trac diffs, they seem to hold up. A word of caution, run bias ply not radial drag tires with a stick car. Bias ply's handle the shock of the clutch better. Radials break parts!

No break-in huh?

Best of luck with that issue. Sounds like it should not be that way. Manual transmissions are a fairly well-known thing, and no mechanic is going to talk me out of having something fixed if I know it is wrong. Don't let then tell you it is "normal."